1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 M2

Default Google Talk not working

Greetings all. Brand new to the Android arena after a faithful 4+ years with Blackberry. Picked up the Thunderbolt today and while most things seem pretty intuitive and a snap to setup, Google Talk isn't working. I select it and there's a brief(.5second) where you see the 'sign in' but nothing happens... any suggestions?

ROM
    Gingervitis 1.0

Same issue here, worked fine the last 2 days...please help!

ROM
    Gingervitis 1.0

Reboot of phone and mine is working again

Default Re: Google Talk not working

I had this same issue. Not exactly sure what caused this (somehow I think my power manager screwed up or something), but the way I resolved this on my HTC Thunderbolt was by going to Settings-->Accounts & Sync--> then uncheck "Background Data" and recheck it. Seemingly by toggling Background Data on and off it restored google talk.

Strange but it worked.

Thank you jclbrt235. Your solution worked for me.

When I tried to go back in, instead of just closing the app again as it had been doing, it told me the password was bad. But then someone sent me a GTalk message, and I opened it from the notification area, and it opened fine. Weird.

I've had this problem with GTalk twice. Last time was just before I got my new phone (on a different network) so that rules both the phone and the network.

I did notice that this time it happened right after my phone had completely run out of juice and powered down. I charged it up and rebooted the phone, but didn't notice until much later that GTalk wasn't working (when someone who'd been sending me messages sent me a text message to ask why I wasn't replying). So maybe it's losing it's mind when it runs out of juice somehow?

Just a thought.

- Dayton - Tue. 01/17/2012 @ 11:37:15

Quote Originally Posted by AzDayton View Post
    I did notice that this time it happened right after my phone had completely run out of juice and powered down. I charged it up and rebooted the phone, but didn't notice until much later that GTalk wasn't working (when someone who'd been sending me messages sent me a text message to ask why I wasn't replying). So maybe it's losing it's mind when it runs out of juice somehow?
    Background data shuts off when power save kicks in (low battery). I think Google Talk has problems realizing background data is back on after that.

Thumbs up Re: Google Talk not working

Quote Originally Posted by jclbrt235 View Post
    I had this same issue. Not exactly sure what caused this (somehow I think my power manager screwed up or something), but the way I resolved this on my HTC Thunderbolt was by going to Settings-->Accounts & Sync--> then uncheck "Background Data" and recheck it. Seemingly by toggling Background Data on and off it restored google talk.

Strange but it worked.
    It worked instanly, thanks very much

ROM
    Das BAMF Sense 3.0

Has anyone had issues switching to the rear camera? I can't the icon doesn't even show up in the top of the screen while in a conversation. I've tried stock Rom and eternity.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer