1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thunderbolt Force Close Issue - Help!!

I got my Thunderbolt yesterday and I have gotten this message at least 10 times now. Can someone tell me what this is and how I correct it?

The process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close.

Thanks!

ROM
    CM10-UNOFFICIAL-toro

Back up your contacts and try a factory reset,
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

List all 3rd party apps you've installed.

I've gotten a similar message to that about 4 times earlier until I pulled the battery. Prior to pulling the battery, the phone got SUPER Slow and took almost 3 minutes for a phone call to initiate dialing.

I had only installed Sirius/XM and Pandora at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec5z06 View Post
    I've gotten a similar message to that about 4 times earlier until I pulled the battery. Prior to pulling the battery, the phone got SUPER Slow and took almost 3 minutes for a phone call to initiate dialing.

I had only installed Sirius/XM and Pandora at that point.
    Most likely Pandora, mine has been doing the same thing every so often if I have pandora open. Kind of annoying though, but oh well opening first couple of days and what not.

Pandora has done that to me a few times. I'll bet thats it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Kayak force closes on me here and there. I can't get the cover off to pull the battery!
    Thanked by:
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Same request as above. This is almost always 3rd party app related. And yes the battery cover is a nightmare to pull off :/

In the store, I loaded the Best Buy app on the display and everytime I tried to open it "Force Close"...

By the way, they were out of the phone!

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Amazon mp3 and nook app does this all the time and words with friends

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

I get the same error message when I use the streaming podcast app called Stitcher, and my RRS feed app called Feedr. I went to the Verizon store and the tech rep said that these apps need to make changes to their software to be compatible with the 4g network because of the speed and frequency of the 4g network. I'm not sure I believe this but all I know is that they do not work, but work perfectly on 3g. I guess I am skeptical of the 4g network so far.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Words with friends does that for me. I have turned off sync. Do you think that could effect it?

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

Just turn off 4g, and keep the phone in 3g/1x. May have to wait for this to be corrected.

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

I jujst tried to run Facebook in 4g, and I kept getting an error message that I could not log in. I changed to 3g only, and without retyping the email/password, I got right in.

I found some info on this in a Google support forum. The resolution is apparently one of the following:

Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications and do "Clear cache" or "Clear data" whichever is available for the following apps:
    - Calendar
    - Calendar Storage
    - Gmail
    - Gmail Storage

OR

Running the "Setup" app from the main app drawer, removing and re-adding your facebook account.
    Please Thank me or Add to my Reputation if I've helped you!
    Thanked by 2:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

After an hour and a half on the phone with HTC we figured out the problem is Peep. I deactivated it and it got rid of the problem. I had to do a factory reset to fix a boot problem as well

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!!!

i had the ffc fc on me about 4 times. i just reset the camera back to stock settings and it fixed it. haven't had any fc's since.

HTC was wrong

com.htc.bg is the HTC background sync adapter. Any application (like Peep) that syncs via Sense uses it.

Stocks, HTC Facebook, Peep, Flikr, rss, etc all call it into use, which is what makes it so hard to fix. If it's happening a lot to the Tbolt, someone will get a log and see why soon enough.

Download alogcat from the market. run it once. Next time you get a FC about it, dismiss it and run alogcat again, and email it to someone you trust and can look at it.

If you don't know anyone personally who might be able to make sense of it, PM any of the site Mods or Admins if you like.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

I get Force Close on a lot of things. I was hoping someone found a solution. I get it on Zedge, weatherbug, Facebook, ect... I think that the 3rd party apps arnt fully functional with the TB yet. At least I hope that is why...

anyone figure out a solution for this? i get force closes all the time on various apps...WWF, X- Construct, Amazon, Pandora, etc...its so frustrating

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dezicartel View Post
    anyone figure out a solution for this? i get force closes all the time on various apps...WWF, X- Construct, Amazon, Pandora, etc...its so frustrating
    Did you happen to read the list of posts prior to yours?

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I've been getting this error at least 10 times a day