PSA: sms bug (sending to wrong contact) alive and well

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Never had this happen to me before on any of my past phones but todsy I had the dreaded sms bug where your message gets sent to the wrong contact. It even shows that it sent to my gf when it really went to a co worker.

I know it'll be a non issue when we get 2.3 but just letting people know to be careful.

ltredbeard

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Never had this happen to me before on any of my past phones but todsy I had the dreaded sms bug where your message gets sent to the wrong contact. It even shows that it sent to my gf when it really went to a co worker.

I know it'll be a non issue when we get 2.3 but just letting people know to be careful.

I've had this happen several times. It will open the wrong thread as well, so if you dont look before you sent it will go to the wrong person.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I've found that the stock HTC messaging app is way more reliable than the stock droidX app. I haven't had any of these issues.

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap

swamp

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Probably not related but I can't get replies to Google SMS. That is where you can send basic web searches to Google at 466453 and it replies by SMS instantly. VZW claims other Tbolts have the problem and are escalating with Google.

ouikikazz

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
This is a froyo bug wasn't fixed until 2.3.1 if I remember correctly...patiently awaiting cm7 or a HTC 2.3 release

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

swamp

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Does this bug happen with Google Voice SMS?

I have not checked.

Also I should clarify:

-"Google SMS Search" is 466453 (that is what does not work for me).
-"Google Voice" is the app that reroutes your voicemail and provides a bunch of neat features.
-Google Voice SMS is a feature of Googel Voice that alllows send and receive of SMS text messages through the Google Voice.

Whew.

AF Sgt

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I only use Google Voice for texting and have not had this happen to me.

Swamp,

Why use the Google SMS Search on a smartphone? I used to use that before I had a phone with a data plan.

*Lightbulb on. I guess for when you don't have the greatest of signals

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had the issue when using Google SMS either. If anyone has, please post. In the meantime I better stop being so gossipy or it will come back to haunt me!

menji

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
ugh i was hoping this wwouldnt rear its head. I remember reading once that it wouldn't do it on any sms apps like handcent. But i guess it isn't the case anymore.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have had this happen to me and err... ruin several of my nights sending wrong messages to the wrong girls..... Lets just say double checking is a must now!

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's an issue with Android. Phones with 2.2.3 + don't have this issue. Sadly, we're on 2.2.1; but we should see ROMs incorporate the fix pretty soon.

Cringey

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
How in the heck do you know it goes to the wrong person? That's the last thing I want.

All these descriptions are lacking in exactly that...
I just ordered a Tbolt and now am immediately regretting it over this issue more than the battery.

If you are sending to Contact1 and it goes to Contact2 instead does it say Contact1 in the address still? Or does it say Contact2's name?

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
All these descriptions are lacking in exactly that...
I just ordered a Tbolt and now am immediately regretting it over this issue more than the battery.

If you are sending to Contact1 and it goes to Contact2 instead does it say Contact1 in the address still? Or does it say Contact2's name?

My thoughts exactly. Does the program just open the wrong contact? or does the message actually go to another contact other than the one that is open?

Thank goodness I haven't experienced it....can't afford to!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke