Losing all data connection...

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I got my bolt this afternoon and took a trip down to LA to play with some LTE goodness. It was working really well for a while, nasty speeds.

But now, the data keeps dropping. Not switching back to 3G. Dropping completely. It pops back up as 1X, then goes to 3G. From there it either drops again, or goes to LTE very briefly. Then it drops. I've done multiple restarts, pulled battery and SIM, whole nine. Anybody seen anything else like this?

Sorry if there are other posts like this. It is dropping so much that I'm literally sitting here right now waiting for it to switch on so I can post this, so searching for other threads would take forever.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Weird i had this issue on my Droid X minus the 4g obviously and the verizon rep told me to dial the *228 and press 9 it will tell you that it's not a option hit it 9 again and it is said to push your data thru, worked for awhile then the issue came back..

kimbeech03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Similar problem here. I just got the Thunderbolt a couple of weeks ago and lately I am having to reboot almost daily when my phone loses the network. I am new to Android and Verizon. I am having trouble figuring out what problems are network related and which are phone/Android related.

AubreyPage

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
There are extensive posts on this issue. Go back a week or so in the history and you will see them. Since posting on this issue seems to have settled down a bit, I presumed Verizon had solved the problem. By all means call Verizon tech support and consult the forum. Make Verizon aware of how many times this issue has occurred and stay on the line until you get through to HTC support. I called tech Support 4 times over a 5 day period about this issue. One week after the 3rd call, HTC actually called me and after a short conversation, advised mt to take my phone back and get a new one. I did and now I hold the 3G connection solid until my battery gets to 50% and then the 3G symbol stays thera but I cannot get a data conection.

I am happy with the support. Verizon and HTC did say that there were network issues nationwide and that they were working it. Had HTC not called me back, I likely would have not exchanged my phone.

Hope this helps.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be loosing data connection as well with the EXCEPTION of the 3g or 4g symbol is still on the phone. When using the internet it just kinda hangs there kinda like waiting for a response from a server. Its kinda reminding me of the blackberry days (those who came from blackberry would know what I'm talking about). Was the reason why i left blackberry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz