My Detailed experience with Battery Life.

Koato

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Decrease from 100% charge at 2:20pm and I am down to 30% now at 9:20pm. That's 70% gone in 7 hours with what I'm going to say was pretty light use(I'll add detailed info on this in a moment). Now I live right on the border of 4G.. so my phone picks up 4G signal for a few minutes about every 10 minutes.. that being said It doesnt seem to be that 4G drains the battery much more then 3G does. I spent about 20mins in a 4G area of my town today.

Now my light use included 36 text messages, facebook maybe 25mins total checking updates and liking/commenting.. downloaded one app, changed a few settings quickly, no actual phone calls, and thats really about it.

I wouldnt say that losing 70% in 7 hours is great battery life but for such minimal use? That's kinda gross.

I'm at a loss for what to do now.. the extended battery is rediculous and I wont buy it. I'm not sure if I bring the device back within the 14days if I have to pay a restocking fee or what phone I would even replace the TB with.. something android with better battery life I guess(dx? fascinate?).

Sorry for writing a novel but I see everyone saying light, moderate, heavy use with no descriptions and thats just vague to me.. Let me know what you guys think / feel free to pm me.

/endrant

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
From my understanding if you return it you would have to pay the 35 restocking fee, and your allowed one exchange.. As for the battery life I myself having the same issue i charged mine twice today..

yankswinagain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I was expecting the worst, but it wasn't too bad for me today. Moderate to heavy use trying things out, installing apps, etc.

I kicked the screen brightness down to about 25% (as per recs from others here).

I activated around Noon and just hit 15% battery at 9pm...

I think the daily charge is just the nature of these phones...

Koato

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
yea I was scared of that.. 35% of 260 is $91 lost.

..which also means I'd have to choose my next phone wisely, which I am in the dark about what other phone won't hurt me :/

$91 lost or 2years of crippling battery life.. ugh.

Koato

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks danH,

I was expecting the worst, but it wasn't too bad for me today. Moderate to heavy use trying things out, installing apps, etc.

I kicked the screen brightness down to about 25% (as per recs from others here).

I activated around Noon and just hit 15% battery at 9pm...

I think the daily charge is just the nature of these phones...

Yea I was expecting the worst too, but I figured I am far from a heavy user.. I also set my brightness to 25% and did everything I could to lengthen battery life to no avail.

I understand the daily charge is nessecary(I was hoping nightly charge) but if I am waking up earlier than I did today that means I would have to charge it mid-day. :'(

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me the people most who are complaining about battery life are the ones in spotty 4G coverage, where the phone is regularly switching from 3G/4G.

Although battery life is an integral part of the phone experience, we all knew that this phone wouldn't have a good battery life. This phone has been out 1 day, give it some time to go through several charge cycles before you start to panic. Before you know it, there will be a root and that could only help with battery savings.

There is an easy fix for this and that is to get an extended battery. Those who claim it's hideous, or too bulky must not really care about battery life then. I will easily sacrifice looks, and a little bulkiness to have my phone do what I want, when I want.

Reactions: lovy

yankswinagain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me the people most who are complaining about battery life are the ones in spotty 4G coverage, where the phone is regularly switching from 3G/4G.

Although battery life is an integral part of the phone experience, we all knew that this phone wouldn't have a good battery life. This phone has been out 1 day, give it some time to go through several charge cycles before you start to panic. Before you know it, there will be a root and that could only help with battery savings.

There is an easy fix for this and that is to get an extended battery. Those who claim it's hideous, or too bulky must not really care about battery life then. I will easily sacrifice looks, and a little bulkiness to have my phone do what I want, when I want.

Good point... I was only in 4G for a short time today... although I did do the wifi thing at home. I got extra batteries and chargers for my son and wife's Fascinates and that is helpful... right now the extra 1400 battery is too expensive - give it a month and it will drop I think/hope.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm here to tell you the X isn't any better.

From a heavy Droid x user and my day with the TB. The x is night and day better in terms of battery life. The TB could get better after cycling the battery but I am not counting on that. The TB will be my tether phone...as tether TB to AC. Put the extended x battery in and you can get a day plus of heavy usage.

Agreed on extended batttery for the TB ... it is too large.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

..which also means I'd have to choose my next phone wisely, which I am in the dark about what other phone won't hurt me :/

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's $35 and not 35% for the restocking fee.

elchip

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is an utter joke, I got 10 hours of LIGHT usage. I was afraid to use the damn thing out of fear of draining the battery even quicker. So, I bought the 2750 mAh extended battery. Yeah there's a bulge, but it isn't that bad... If you like the phone except for the battery life, I highly recommend forking out the 50 bucks.

Eleer

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I really wanted to jump the gun and buy this phone, but I'm going to tough it out and wait for better things to come. I can't see myself crippling a phone (dimming brighness down to 25%, for instance) just to be able to eek out 5 hours out of battery life. Hopefully with newer, upcoming devices we will see better battery life.

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I got none right when they opened on Thursday. I charged it up to 100% and started using it and downloading apps. It initially lasted two hours. I then charged it again and it was low when I went to bed so I charged it overnight. Now today with normal usage I still have 53% without using the charger at all. So, before creaking out, let it discharge a couple of times and it will get better.

Rapta619

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm here to tell you the dx is much much better, try juice defender with ultimate juice ( I got it on sale for like 2$ ) I can go from 2 pm to 8 am on the battery with heavy use. Thanks to juice defender. ( I work nights, listing to podcast and music via moto rokr s9 hd

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I got a little over 13hrs today. From 8am to about 3pm with moderate-heavy usage and from 3pm to about 9:30pm with light usage. The phone went on my charger with 10% left. Not bad.

xrussx

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

Its not percentage, its just $35.00