Saving apps to SD card instead of internal?

patkicker55

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I was just looking at my phone and I have like 29gb available on my sd card but out of the 8gb of internal memory i only have 2.4gb still available. I don't know much about this as this is my first droid but is 2.4gb still a lot of room for this phone or should i be worried? When i look at my apps list though it doesn't give me the option to save them to my sd card?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The 2.4 GB observation is still a mystery.

You can move an app to your SD card one of two ways:

Go to settings > applications > manage applications and then select the application that you want to move. If moving to SD is supported for that app you will be able to move the app to SD.

A much easier way to do this, is with an app called App 2 SD in the Market.

All that said, even if the phone only does have 2.4 ( I think It's not being reported correctly) it is still an enormous amount of storage for an Android phone. It's unlikely the average person would end up using it all.

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed that too. I decided to just check out the internal specs and when I saw 2.4 I was like "....um. Well at least I have the 32. Is the bloatware really that...bloaty?'

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Cory, I just looked at my storage available and I only have 2.39G available of internal memory... I'm guessing that is all they give us for storage of new apps, and the rest is for the OS and device's use.

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Cory, I just looked at my storage available and I only have 2.39G available of internal memory... I'm guessing that is all they give us for storage of new apps, and the rest is for the OS and device's use.

As Cory said, that's almost unusable. Unless you download a standalone GPS program with maps I can't imagine using it, and in that case you could install THAT app to the SD card.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
As Cory said, that's almost unusable. Unless you download a standalone GPS program with maps I can't imagine using it, and in that case you could install THAT app to the SD card.

I'm commenting back to Cory, because of his comment:

The 2.4 GB observation is still a mystery.

You might not have the TB, but it is what we are seeing for available space.

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm commenting back to Cory, because of his comment:

You might not have the TB, but it is what we are seeing for available space.

LOL. I was TRYING to agree with you and Cory, as well as set the OP's mind at rest. Re-reading my post, it didn't come across that way.

My only defense is that I haven't had my morning cup of Java yet, so please be gentle :p

EDIT: Why, in the back of my head, did I keep hearing "640k should be enough for anybody" while I was typing this?

cgc2

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Well, its either sucked up by Bloatware OR misrepresentation of what we have.
Could it be VZ told HTC to partion out 5.5 gb of Internal memory ?

My phone shows 2.47gb available of internal

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2