false battery readings?

twistedjustice81285

May 2, 2010
Visit site
It seems that every time I fully charge the battery overnight the battery reading is stuck on 100%. A battery pull does the trick but I shouldn't have to do that. Is anyone else experiencing this?

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
It seems that every time I fully charge the battery overnight the battery reading is stuck on 100%. A battery pull does the trick but I shouldn't have to do that. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hmm... this is odd, to say the least. If I understand correctly, you're saying that you unplug at 100% and it stays at 100% throughout the day until you do a battery pull?

Is this with the battery meter in the notification bar (next to the clock) or another battery meter? If you're using another meter, can you tell us which one?

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
This is with the notification bar and the battery widget. It's almost as if the battery scale is frozen.

The only suggestion I have is to let it run down (even though it wont show that it's running down) until the phone dies, then charge it fully. Maybe it's a problem with the phone reading the state of the battery. If that doesn't do it, then perhaps you have a defective phone or battery. At that point I would guess it's the battery.