Need LED Notification to stay on past 5 min.

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Really hope someone can help. I need the LED to flash full-time until I wake the phone up. I only care about SMS/MMS and missed phone calls.

I need it to A) flash past the native 5 min. cut-off and B) work with No-Lock.

I was able to use Handcent's blink reminder and 'Easy Reminder' for sms and phone call LED's respectively on my Droid X and the LED would flash until I turned the phone on-even if it was an hour later.

I've tried many apps with my new Bolt (No LED, Easy Reminder, Missed Calls, Missed Reminder, LED Blink, etc...) and I can get none to flash the LED more than 5 min. Some won't flash at all with No-Lock active. I'd settle for not using No-Lock if I could get a flashing app that works past the 5 min. mark. I would be very grateful to anyone who can help.

Thanks!!

Mike

Last edited:

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Really hope someone can help. I need the LED to flash full-time until I wake the phone up. I only care about SMS/MMS and missed phone calls.

I need it to A) flash past the native 5 min. cut-off and B) work with No-Lock.

I was able to use Handcent's blink reminder and 'Easy Reminder' for sms and phone call LED's respectively on my Droid X and the LED would flash until I turned the phone on-even if it was an hour later.

I've tried many apps with my new Bolt (No LED, Easy Reminder, Missed Calls, Missed Reminder, LED Blink, etc...) and I can get none to flash the LED more than 5 min. Some won't flash at all with No-Lock active. I'd settle for not using No-Lock if I could get a flashing app that works past the 5 min. mark. I would be very grateful to anyone who can help.

Thanks!!

Mike

NoLed puts the icons on your screen until you turn the phone back on whether it is 5 seconds or 5 hours.

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
It interfered with Handcent's popup. The popup would never turn off. I know I'm trying to not miss events but I want just the LED to flash, not the entire screen lit up. Make sense?

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Update: I can get the NoLED icons to appear but the entire screen remains lit. Can't have that. Does anyone have an app that allows the LED to blink for more than 5 min.?

thx

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Update: I can get the NoLED icons to appear but the entire screen remains lit. Can't have that. Does anyone have an app that allows the LED to blink for more than 5 min.?

thx

Have you tried SMS Notifier? Not sure about the duration of the LED but it can be set to remind however many times you want at whatever intervals you specify.

BTW you and I are in the same boat regarding the X haha. I remember reading your posts on the Moto forums.

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried SMS Notifier? Not sure about the duration of the LED but it can be set to remind however many times you want at whatever intervals you specify.

BTW you and I are in the same boat regarding the X haha. I remember reading your posts on the Moto forums.

Ah yes. Loving this in comparison :)

nativi

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok why would you need that? Is so small. my phone is in my pocket so the LED does nothing for me since i have the Shell/Holster from Verizon which i love by the way. I don't see the need for this LED crap.

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a good solution for this problem? I had an original droid with bugless beast and this LED problem was something I did not anticipate. Kindof sucks that it won't flash longer than a few minutes.

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Str0ntium,I can't find an app called 'SMS Notifier' so help there please.

Chr1sny. I've found a way to light the LED for more than 5 min for both missed calls and texts. Unfortunately I can't stop the vibrate from firing every 5 min for texts (Handcent). If you want to know my settings just LMK.

If anyone can get get JUST the LED to flash for more than 5 min. I'm all ears :)

Generalg

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I too hate that it doesn't flash for more than a couple minutes. No point in it than if it doesn't stay flashing till you wake up the phone..... urrrr

tallen316

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I am glad others are wanting to have the LED blink longer. I though something was wrong that it would only blink a few times then go off.

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Str0ntium,I can't find an app called 'SMS Notifier' so help there please.

Chr1sny. I've found a way to light the LED for more than 5 min for both missed calls and texts. Unfortunately I can't stop the vibrate from firing every 5 min for texts (Handcent). If you want to know my settings just LMK.

If anyone can get get JUST the LED to flash for more than 5 min. I'm all ears :)

Thanks but I'm mostly looking for ways to keep the LED notification blinking for emails (work).

DrePizzle

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
i haven't been able to find anything either. I hate to leave my room and come back to turn my phone on just to see if I have any notifications. Id rather just look for the blinking led. I don't see the point of it turning off after a few minutes.

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
i haven't been able to find anything either. I hate to leave my room and come back to turn my phone on just to see if I have any notifications. Id rather just look for the blinking led. I don't see the point of it turning off after a few minutes.

Exactly, makes no sense to have to check the phone all the time since the notification period only lasts a few minutes. What's the point of the LED notification then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy