No Skype on Thunerbolt - WITH NO RELEASE DATE!

bigberries

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Well... it's a fantastice phone so far. I've had it for a day. I feel the battery is great! BUT.... No Skype! Ijust got off the phone with VZW. I called and asked where Skype is. Within the first few minutes of the call, it was suggested I download Tango. WTF! After 30 minutes of their 'research', I was told Skype was not able to produce a compatible app for the phone and they don't know when they will - but 'they will'. They made a note in my account to waive my restocking fee when I return the phones. Yes, I bought two so my wife and I could video chat. Which we can't!

odiej34

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Well... it's a fantastice phone so far. I've had it for a day. I feel the battery is great! BUT.... No Skype! Ijust got off the phone with VZW. I called and asked where Skype is. Within the first few minutes of the call, it was suggested I download Tango. WTF! After 30 minutes of their 'research', I was told Skype was not able to produce a compatible app for the phone and they don't know when they will - but 'they will'. They made a note in my account to waive my restocking fee when I return the phones. Yes, I bought two so my wife and I could video chat. Which we can't!
USE Tango.... Unless you've been living under a rock you've known for quite some time that Skype was not going to be on the Bolt. It will probably be released at some point, so have fun while you wait or return them.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Skype is eventually coming once they work out the bugs. For the time being there are plenty of apps (like Tango and Qik) that can fill the void for now ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie