1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.6.32.21

Default More Accurate Battery Readings

Hey Guys! I've been using this Valet device from Belkin called the Belkin Conserve Valet F7C008q Energy-Saving USB Charging Station. It essentially cuts off power to the device once it detects it is fully charged. I've noticed that plugging in my device overnight into it helps my battery "last longer". I say "last longer" because I'm not sure what its doing but all I know is that I don't get that fake 100% reading when I wake up. It's already down to 97 or 95 and stays in the 90s for a longer period of time. It's a really good investment all around since it cuts off power to the valet once all devices are charged saving you on your electric bill too! I won't post external links but any Google or Amazon search will find it.

Anyone else using this device?

I am in no way affiliated with Belkin or any of their companies. I do not hold stock or anything so my recommendation is purely from personal experience. I will not profit from this post in any way, except hearing great stories from you guys.
    Former CrackBerry abuser. Running Android since February 24, 2011.
    HTC Thunderbolt running Adrynalyne's Basic Debloat
    Thanked by:
    lovy 

Quote Originally Posted by evilmunkeh View Post
    Hey Guys! I've been using this Valet device from Belkin called the Belkin Conserve Valet F7C008q Energy-Saving USB Charging Station. It essentially cuts off power to the device once it detects it is fully charged. I've noticed that plugging in my device overnight into it helps my battery "last longer". I say "last longer" because I'm not sure what its doing but all I know is that I don't get that fake 100% reading when I wake up. It's already down to 97 or 95 and stays in the 90s for a longer period of time. It's a really good investment all around since it cuts off power to the valet once all devices are charged saving you on your electric bill too! I won't post external links but any Google or Amazon search will find it.

Anyone else using this device?

I am in no way affiliated with Belkin or any of their companies. I do not hold stock or anything so my recommendation is purely from personal experience. I will not profit from this post in any way, except hearing great stories from you guys.
    Hi ty for this can you please read my post in the OMG I WOKE UP thread, this post you did is very much appreciated.

There is a reason that your phone drops to 95% or 93% or whatever right after you take it off the charger overnight

Read this post to find out why. It's one of the best battery related posts/tutorials I've ever read and I consider it a MUST READ for HTC devices:

Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.6.32.21

Quote Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
    There is a reason that your phone drops to 95% or 93% or whatever right after you take it off the charger overnight

Read this post to find out why. It's one of the best battery related posts/tutorials I've ever read and I consider it a MUST READ for HTC devices:

Yes you are absolutely right. That's where I got the idea to use this for my phone. By using this my gauge won't "lie to me" since it would not have been "connected to the charger" because the power cuts out. That article is a must read for anyone who uses a smartphone as I'm sure those principles apply to them all.

Quote Originally Posted by evilmunkeh View Post
    Yes you are absolutely right. That's where I got the idea to use this for my phone. By using this my gauge won't "lie to me" since it would not have been "connected to the charger" because the power cuts out. That article is a must read for anyone who uses a smartphone as I'm sure those principles apply to them all.
    Smart move. That charging station essentially does a form of bump charging for you

Does the Belkin Valet work with the Droid Incredible from Verizon?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.6.32.21

Quote Originally Posted by lyncam View Post
    Does the Belkin Valet work with the Droid Incredible from Verizon?
    Yes it does. I've tried it personally. It should work with 99% of electronic devices out there as well.

Cool little device. Would be even cooler if it used inductive charging.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me