Juice Defender and Blockbuster Help

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, so I got a tbolt on the 17th, and it was my first smartphone so I really like it. 4G LTE Speeds are ridiculous and the phone all around feels great.

I don't mind much about the battery life, the phone is so good that that outweighs the battery.

I have a few questions, I got JuiceDefender - Battery , but I am a bit confused about it, when I enable it has a shield on the top left with red dot, that says radio and interfaces disabled, then the dot goes away which it means all got enabled again..

Did it even do anything? And what does having the radio disabled mean? I have it on the default profile which means it'll already show an improvement in battery.. is it doing that?

But my real issue, as soon as I lock the phone, the shield goes away, when I turn on the screen again, it's like setup to send an email?? Which contains info on juice defender.

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully, before it get's moved, can you guys also help me with something else ?

How do I turn off blockbuster auto updates?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I do not have an answer to either problem because I don't use or have any experience with either app. But I did change the title of the thread for you because it was a little misleading. Also, fatboy is right but I will leave the thread here for now. Good luck.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully, before it get's moved, can you guys also help me with something else ?

How do I turn off blockbuster auto updates?

When you initially open the app go ahead and allow it to update, then skip the activation popup and tap "disable movie updates". I think that's all it takes.

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
When you initially open the app go ahead and allow it to update, then skip the activation popup and tap "disable movie updates". I think that's all it takes.

Tapped that, and said schedule would repeat in 15 hours.

Also, Juicedefender issue still remains

edit: Since I posted this message I texted 3 times, and life went from 86% to 83% is that normal? Any tips?

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Tapped that, and said schedule would repeat in 15 hours.

Also, Juicedefender issue still remains

edit: Since I posted this message I texted 3 times, and life went from 86% to 83% is that normal? Any tips?

Whoops, that means you've just enabled it. Tap it again and it'll say "Canceled scheduled updates" (and then the menu choice will go back to saying "enable" which is what it will do if you tap it once more).

Reactions: allprochris

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks worked now.

Now just need to get Juicedefender fixed

edit: Idle and just lost 2 percent, in like 2 mins is this normal? Do you guys want me to list running apps ?

Last edited:

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Posted this somewhere else but I'll help you really fast with battery life. This is the simpler version to help preserve.

1. If you don't use GPS often, turn it off, all of them. If you do use GPS often, I recommend only checking Standalone and Google.
2. Backlight. Either set to automatic or a low percentage such as 30-40%
3. Sync. I do not use HTC Peep or Friendstream. So I make sure that neither are auto-syncing. This will help your battery tremendously. Only have things you rely on to auto-sync i.e. gmail, calendar etc.
4. No live wallpapers. Under no circumstances.
5. Use the least amount of widgets as possible. Whatever widgets you have on your screen, they are running in the background.
6. Refrain from using task killers.
7. If you have wi-fi, I suggest you use it whenever possible.
8. Increase sync periods. Instead of having apps sync every 3 hours, increase it to 6, or something more helpful. Again, huge battery saver.

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Trey, kinda a smartphone noob here, the two most viable things that I had here in my phone that was on ur list was Sync, Backlight, and Increase sync periods...

If I take off friendstream can I get the twitter app and get notifications from there?
Also, I remove it by long pressing on it and moving it to remove right?

How do I increase the sync times, does that affect when the twitter updates etc.. ?

edit: and by backlight, do u mean the brightness? I have it set at 24%

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for my vagueness

Sync:
Tap the menu key. Select settings. Scroll to accounts & sync. Under manage accounts you will see all the accounts you have setup. All the ones with green circles and arrows in them are syncing. To increase sync periods open that account and choose the period interval to sync. Increasing sync times will dictate how often you get background notifications.

Friendstream:
If you unsync friendstream, then YOU WILL NOT GET NOTIFICATIONS THROUGH THAT SPECIFIC APP. If you use another app for facebook and/or twitter then you will still get notifications through those respective apps. However, if you still choose to use friendstream you can still sync manually. And yes, that is how you remove the widget.

And yes, that is what I mean by backlight.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Kk, now when someone tweets it'll be in notifications right?

Alright everythings set up, let's see how battery is now, I will be buying the 1600 battery though since there's no need for extended back cover

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
K typing this on tbolt was leavinv house with like 86 battery now been 30 mins and its at 70...does that sound normal trey?

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Completely idle in my pocket... I was speaking to an htc guyin bestbuy and he said hed be doing facebook mainly and his battey was at 70-80