- 163 Posts
My Facebook notifications are not popping up on the status bar at all? The only reason I know I got "wall posts" was because i went into the facebook app randomly. I'm coming from a BB and the FB notifications were instant? What am I missing here??!!
- 03-19-2011, 12:37 PM #2
Notifications sucks... I'm not sure if it's the "App", or the phones. I've notice that if you do get any notification(s) it's like 15 - 25 mins after the notification was posted. Until this problem is fix - your best bet is to check the PC site on or from your phone.
Here are a few things you could do.
(1) Make sure your mobile number is added to your account.
(2) If your number is already there... delete and re-add it(follow steps).
(3) Check off email and mobile checkboxes in notifications(settings - notifications).
(4) Use your Google account as your primary number.
(5) Hope and pray that either Google or HTC will fix this piece of (censored) due to forum R&R.
Best of luck.
- 03-19-2011, 12:39 PM #3
- 03-19-2011, 12:41 PM #4
- 03-19-2011, 12:45 PM #5
- 124 Posts
It's the app, it sucks. I'm coming from an iPhone 4 and the push notification works nearly instantly (though I hate how iOS handles notifications in general). BB is instant too. They need to give the Android app a major upgrade. And FB needs to allow for Google Voice numbers or GV needs to all for texting via shortcode.T-Mobile: HTC One | Nexus 4 | Former iPhone user
- 03-19-2011, 12:46 PM #6
- 03-19-2011, 12:50 PM #7
- 03-19-2011, 12:52 PM #8
- 03-19-2011, 12:58 PM #10
- 03-20-2011, 12:07 PM #11
- 03-20-2011, 12:10 PM #12
- 03-20-2011, 12:20 PM #13
- 03-20-2011, 01:53 PM #14