My Facebook notifications are not popping up on the status bar at all? The only reason I know I got "wall posts" was because i went into the facebook app randomly. I'm coming from a BB and the FB notifications were instant? What am I missing here??!!
Notifications sucks... I'm not sure if it's the "App", or the phones. I've notice that if you do get any notification(s) it's like 15 - 25 mins after the notification was posted. Until this problem is fix - your best bet is to check the PC site on or from your phone.
Here are a few things you could do.
(1) Make sure your mobile number is added to your account.
(2) If your number is already there... delete and re-add it(follow steps).
(3) Check off email and mobile checkboxes in notifications(settings - notifications).
(4) Use your Google account as your primary number.
(5) Hope and pray that either Google or HTC will fix this piece of (censored) due to forum R&R.
It's the app, it sucks. I'm coming from an iPhone 4 and the push notification works nearly instantly (though I hate how iOS handles notifications in general). BB is instant too. They need to give the Android app a major upgrade. And FB needs to allow for Google Voice numbers or GV needs to all for texting via shortcode.
Thanks for the responses all. And here I thought Android was better than BB on all fronts. Guess the grass isn't ALWAYS greener on the other side.
Just in this particular case. In all others I have found Android to be superior to any other OS I have used. And true facebook for android is improving, much better than it used to be. Hopefully the devs will get it together soon.