Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    Stock

Question Facebook Notifications

My Facebook notifications are not popping up on the status bar at all? The only reason I know I got "wall posts" was because i went into the facebook app randomly. I'm coming from a BB and the FB notifications were instant? What am I missing here??!!

Notifications sucks... I'm not sure if it's the "App", or the phones. I've notice that if you do get any notification(s) it's like 15 - 25 mins after the notification was posted. Until this problem is fix - your best bet is to check the PC site on or from your phone.

Here are a few things you could do.

(1) Make sure your mobile number is added to your account.
    (2) If your number is already there... delete and re-add it(follow steps).
    (3) Check off email and mobile checkboxes in notifications(settings - notifications).
    (4) Use your Google account as your primary number.
    (5) Hope and pray that either Google or HTC will fix this piece of (censored) due to forum R&R.

Best of luck.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

One thing Apple has over Android is the Facebook app- Works so much better on my Ipod touch than on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    Notifications sucks... I'm not sure if it's the "App", or the phones. I
    Its the app's fault.

It's the app, it sucks. I'm coming from an iPhone 4 and the push notification works nearly instantly (though I hate how iOS handles notifications in general). BB is instant too. They need to give the Android app a major upgrade. And FB needs to allow for Google Voice numbers or GV needs to all for texting via shortcode.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TreyDaPrince View Post
    Its the app's fault.
    agree

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

It's the application, used to be horrible, but it's much better now, tho I don't depend on fb application notification, I get email notifications in my gmail, which is almost instantly

Sent from my Bolt using Tapatalk!

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Try using "Flow for Facebook" in the market. It will give you push facebook notifacations with alert and popup screen.
    oma1340 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Carrier
    Stock

Thanks for the responses all. And here I thought Android was better than BB on all fronts. Guess the grass isn't ALWAYS greener on the other side.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrmarinojr View Post
    Thanks for the responses all. And here I thought Android was better than BB on all fronts. Guess the grass isn't ALWAYS greener on the other side.
    Just in this particular case. In all others I have found Android to be superior to any other OS I have used. And true facebook for android is improving, much better than it used to be. Hopefully the devs will get it together soon.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Thanks!! Flow for Facebook works great!!!!!!!

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

i use tweetdeck for fb/twitter, notifications are instant. FB for android blows... never sends notices.

Carrier
    GummyNex 0.3.8

Quote Originally Posted by mega350 View Post
    i use tweetdeck for fb/twitter, notifications are instant. FB for android blows... never sends notices.
    It does sends me notifications for messages (not for wall comments) but even that comes way too late. I also depend on email notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by TreyDaPrince View Post
    Its the app's fault.

It's not just the android app. While I wait for my tbolt to arrive... The blackberry facebook app notifications havent worked in months. I get 1 every 4th or 5th notification.