Camera Distortion - Should I Exchange Phone?

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I just took a few photos. On the phone they look beautiful however when I transfer them to the PC all of them have a large gray bar at the bottom and dont look very good. I did the same thing with my wifes phone (identical settings in camera) and hers tune out fine.

Should I exchange phone? Here an example. Thanks in advance.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115452168966432431706/Mar192011#

Update - Could someone please do me a favor? After investigating this a little further I've discovered something. The gray bars at the bottom of the pics only show up in Picasa Web Albums. If I email them to my self, put them in dropbox etc, the pictures show up fine, however if I take a pic, click on the pic, hit share and send to Picasa, when I view them on my browser (Google Chrome) there is a gray bar at the bottom. Could someone else try this with their Tbolt? Viewing the pic in Chrome or IE give me the same results, gray bar.

Thanks.

Last edited:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If you click on it, it's the Sun through the trees.:)
Haha... I was afraid to click on it! :D

On further consideration of the gray bar... are you using the same technique to transfer the pics from your wife's TBolt to the PC as you are using on your own? On the same PC? Displaying them with the same imaging program? This may not be a camera bug.

-Frank

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm suspecting that the problem you may be having is the depth of field. The camera is focusing on the bright spot for the sun and the aperture may be closing for the proper exposure which will cause a huge change in the depth of field. Try a few more pics of more normal objects/people.

R

Last edited:

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Try some other pictures. Without a TRUE filter, and relying on the digital ones, it isn't going to work very well. It's a phone, not a Nikon 35mm.

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Let me start all over. I guess I wasn't very clear.

I took 13 pictures with my phone no filters were applied to any of those pictures except for the one I posted in this thread. In every single one of those pictures I have the gray bar at the bottom and all of those pictures were transferred the same identical way.

My wife has a Tbolt. Using the same transfer methods, using the same settings, using no filters or with filters her pictures came out fine.

I guess by deductive reasoning the camera MUST be defective. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem? I'm not seeing anything on the forums and a Google search brings up nothing. The camera must be defective and I will return it tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

mlee21

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
ahahaha.. kinda off topic, but..

The day I got my phone, I was freaking out cuz my camera was taking the worst pictures ever and I was just about to put my phone back into the box to go return it... when I noticed the plastic slip was still over the lens/led light.. *SMH*

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Well using the same pictures that have the gray bar at the bottom I applied an effect, any effect, auto enhance, overexpose etc transfered them to the PC and the bar is gone. It seems like to me this is something that could possibly be fixed with an OTA update? I really don't want to exchange the phone and get everything set up again but I guess I have no choice.

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Could someone please do me a favor? After investigating this a little further I've discovered something. The gray bars at the bottom of the pics only show up in Picasa Web Albums. If I email them to my self, put them in dropbox etc, the pictures show up fine, however if I take a pic, click on the pic, hit share and send to Picasa, when I view them on my browser (Google Chrome) there is a gray bar at the bottom. Could someone else try this with their Tbolt? Viewing the pic in Chrome or IE give me the same results, gray bar.

Thanks.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Could someone please do me a favor? After investigating this a little further I've discovered something. The gray bars at the bottom of the pics only show up in Picasa Web Albums. If I email them to my self, put them in dropbox etc, the pictures show up fine, however if I take a pic, click on the pic, hit share and send to Picasa, when I view them on my browser (Google Chrome) there is a gray bar at the bottom. Could someone else try this with their Tbolt? Viewing the pic in Chrome or IE give me the same results, gray bar.

Thanks.

Looks like it's Picasa related. Check this out. It's all Picasa pics taken with the TB camera. Alot of them are the same way. Picasa probably doesn't know how to handle uploads with that resolution and freaks out most of the way through.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?q=&psc=G&filter=1&camera=ADR6400L#

Reactions: Puterguru

ggpike

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with Picasa. Every other method of uploading a picture turns out fine, but uploading them to Picasa causes a gray bar to appear at the bottom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae