1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Plugging TBolt into MAC...Error

Please help. When I plug my t-Bolt into my MAC I get this error that says "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" And the only options I have are "ignore" and "eject" When I hit either of these I get nothing. All I am trying to do is plug in and transfer pictures and video files. It did work twice at first, but now nothing. Any ideas??
    Rem

ROM
    BAMF Remix v1.8.6

I haven't done this with my TB yet but I used to get the same error when plugging my Incredible into my Mac. Never did figure it out, just started relying on Bluetooth for all my transfers. Hopefully someone will have a fix.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    I haven't done this with my TB yet but I used to get the same error when plugging my Incredible into my Mac. Never did figure it out, just started relying on Bluetooth for all my transfers. Hopefully someone will have a fix.
    Yeah I hope so too. I relied on the Bluetooth as well last night and its much slower than the USB.

I had the same problem. Here's the solution!!

hit this link and download the "Vcast Media Manager for Mac"
    This will install a driver that is needed to read the sd card. You don't have to use the (awful) program. You may need to reboot. Just click ignore when the message comes up and it should mount as "noname".
    Seems like some people didn't need to do this, but I did and it works fine now. Hope this helps!
    Thanked by:
    Itaer 

I had this happen too. Never happend with my EVO......
    I should now be referred to as "ThunderMaster"

You need to change the connection setting for the phone. Pull down the notification bar and you'll see a connection setting. Click that and you'll see several options for how the phone should act when connected. Choose "USB Disk mode" (something to that effect) and the phone will mount on your desktop as a connected drive.
    T-Mobile: HTC One | Nexus 4 | Former iPhone user
    Thanked by 2:
    RemSPD 

I had that happen but was able to use isyncr to upload my music from itunes.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mo-bile View Post
    You need to change the connection setting for the phone. Pull down the notification bar and you'll see a connection setting. Click that and you'll see several options for how the phone should act when connected. Choose "USB Disk mode" (something to that effect) and the phone will mount on your desktop as a connected drive.
    You can set this up as the default operation.

Quote Originally Posted by mo-bile View Post
    ^^This. I got the same message on my mac. I just click ignore and set the phone to disc mode. Works fine.
    Thanked by:
    Rem 
    Rem

ROM
    BAMF Remix v1.8.6

With my Incredible I'd get the ignore/eject warning even after setting it to disk mode. Now, for whatever reason, my TB isn't even giving me the option to switch from charge-only when I plug it in (and the error still pops up on the Mac).

I just went into settings -> connect to PC and "Ask me" is checked. Hmm. Also switched default connection type to disk drive but no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by SPD View Post
    ^^This. I got the same message on my mac. I just click ignore and set the phone to disc mode. Works fine.
    Confirmed here. Click Ignore and THEN set the phone to Disk Mode. Takes 10-15 seconds for it to mount.

OSX 10.6.6
    Please Thank me or Add to my Reputation if I've helped you!
    Thanked by 3:
    RemSPDsurfbumhuey 
    Rem

ROM
    BAMF Remix v1.8.6

Alright, I rebooted and now my "Choose a connection type" menu is back when I plug in. Clicking ignore on the Mac and then switching to disk mode like everyone is suggesting works fine. Thanks, guys!
    Thanked by:
    SPD 

Alright, I rebooted and now my "Choose a connection type" menu is back when I plug in. Clicking ignore on the Mac and then switching to disk mode like everyone is suggesting works fine. Thanks, guys!
    Any time!
    Please Thank me or Add to my Reputation if I've helped you!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

With my Incredible I'd get the ignore/eject warning even after setting it to disk mode. Now, for whatever reason, my TB isn't even giving me the option to switch from charge-only when I plug it in (and the error still pops up on the Mac).

I just went into settings -> connect to PC and "Ask me" is checked. Hmm. Also switched default connection type to disk drive but no dice.
    Same thing here!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Got it working now. Thanks for the suggestions.

mine has worked too but i was hoping the htc sync software is for mac

I simply hit ignore. It is all BS. I wish the TB had stock Android and you would not have to deal with that problem.

It is simply HTC Sense not letting it mount properly... if you ignore the error it mounts just fine.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.6.32.21

I usually get that same error and just ignore it.

Btw, its Mac, not MAC. :-)
    Former CrackBerry abuser. Running Android since February 24, 2011.
    HTC Thunderbolt running Adrynalyne's Basic Debloat

hey i know im a noob but i tryed all thos things and nothing worked running on OS X 10.5.8