Data usage on tbolt

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So I've had the Thunderbolt for 24 hours and have already used close to 3gb's of data. In the last 15 days on my moto droid I only used 120mb's. Same apps installed on both. Anyone else noticed this. Worried when Verizon changes to a tiered data package.

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I've had the Thunderbolt for 24 hours and have already used close to 3gb's of data. In the last 15 days on my moto droid I only used 120mb's. Same apps installed on both. Anyone else noticed this. Worried when Verizon changes to a tiered data package.
:eek: I'm only in 3G right now and since yesterday I've used 120mb.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Its really unlimited now right? because I'm using it as my main internet connection at home using tons and tons of data

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
are u using the SpeedTest.net app? the guys over at XDA pointed out that everytime u do a test its downloading a ton of data and uping to determine speed

turned out to be why people over there with new contracts had some much data used so quick

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
There is no cap until May. Tether or not I believe

Per Gizmocrunch...

So if you're contemplating whether or not to subscribe to the $30 Verizon Unlimited LTE data plan when you pick up your HTC Thunderbolt tomorrow, we would highly recommend locking in that price and unlimited data for the two years. Furthermore, Verizon is offering 2GB of free tethering until May 15th irregardless of when you sign up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair