Post here if you have GOOD battery life

madgalaxy

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what to think of my battery life yet. Saturday I took it off the charger at 6:30am and it was at 10% 12 hours later. I had wifi off and only used LTE. Exchange and Gmail on push settings, a few voice calls, web browsing and 2 hours of music. I figured that was not bad with wifi off.

So I charged it up and this time turned on wifi and left it off the charger all night. When I woke at 6:30 this morning, it was dead. It sat on the stand all night with just wifi on - no music, no calls, etc. I find that odd. In most modern phones (in my experience) wifi saves battery better than cellular data.

kaufmansm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
i leave gps and wifi on and I,m making it all day no problem. Normal use, phone, email and texting. I dont game or surf much.

Rich Rasp

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
None of you are going over what you have running in the background. Like.. friends stream (with FB or Twitter or one of the 2) stocks, weather updating, etc. I personally have all them running... Not makeing updates any earlier than 2 hours but my battery sucks. I use the same setting on any other HTC phone I've owned with better results... My EVO, Inspire, Desire Z all had way better battery life with the same settings. When I'm in an area with 3G, it's better but when I'm @ work (4G area) I'm dead in the water! 8 hours max with little to no use!

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
After going through battery hell I came here and received great advice, I changed sync time from 1 hour to 4 hours, learned how to exit apps (used to hit the home key) thought that was the same thing as exiting until I woke up with a dead phone. Downloaded Dolphin Browser so that I can surf the web and actually have the option to exit what I was viewing instead of just using the back key because that does not always mean it has ended. Also went from a live screen to a regular one and decreased brightness to 25%, because I am still learning (old iphone4 user) I check manage apps to make sure certain things are not running. *WHEW* since doing all of from 10:35am with a full charge and not plugged in until now which is 5:47 I am still half full and that is with surfing listening to music playing games, phone calls, texting and downloading music. Hope this helps someone. Oh all of this is without extended battery. will be getting one but I prob will only use it when going out.

"learned how to exit apps (used to hit the home key)" -- So what did you learn?

No one here has yet to say if they are in 3G or 4G areas. I hear the 3G folks are getting much better battery life.

I am in 4G and after about 6 charges, yesterday I got 7 hours and 18m before the phone went dead. All WiFi, no phone calls, a dozen texts, lots of browsing, general checking things out and watched a 2+ hour movie I had already download from Blockbuster from a previous charge.

This was MUCH better than what I had been getting the first two days. I ordered the Seido 1600 battery (no hump), which should arrive on Tuesday. I am hoping this battery will get me 8+ hours, which would be close to a full day. I really need 12 hours, but don't want the hump battery. :-\

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Take it back. You are never going to be happy. After properly conditioning and minimal amount of adjustments (screen on auto, Blockbuster sync, news, stocks and stock weather sync off) I have gotten 12 to 14 hours the past two days on stock battery. My guess is battery issues are mostly coming from smartphone newbies or heavy games and video users. The only time I notice significantly increased drain is when device switches from WiFi to 4G. A full day of 4G will reduce battery life by
20 to 25 percent but that will still be over 10 hours before charge. I am coming off an Inc owned since launch which I was convinced I would never give up. I have 10 years owning smartphone experience starting with a Palm Data Phone, through Treo, WinMo and BBs. Every forum on every launch has been dominated by troll and users who refuse to know what they are buying before they buy it and then will not take the time to learn how to properly use it. It's called a smartphone for a reason.

Reactions: lovy

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The 2750 mAh battery works like a dream... No compromises needed, I can leave GPS and stuff on all the time, I don't fret about what might be running in the background, and I'm using it heavily and still above 80% after 5.5 hours of use.

For those considering it, I say it's well worth the bulge.

How much bulge are we talking about? A picture would be awesome

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
My Tbolt died in me at work yesterday at 5pm. I put it on charge, while it was off, when I got home from work at 6pm. When I got up this morning to get ready for work, I turned on my phone. I goofed around with the demo golf game for about 20 minutes and have been browsing the web ...about 30 mins . Nothing is on Sept background data for gtalk. All widgets have been removed. I am at 30 % in less than 4 hours.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
"learned how to exit apps (used to hit the home key)" -- So what did you learn?

No one here has yet to say if they are in 3G or 4G areas. I hear the 3G folks are getting much better battery life.

I am in 4G and after about 6 charges, yesterday I got 7 hours and 18m before the phone went dead. All WiFi, no phone calls, a dozen texts, lots of browsing, general checking things out and watched a 2+ hour movie I had already download from Blockbuster from a previous charge.

This was MUCH better than what I had been getting the first two days. I ordered the Seido 1600 battery (no hump), which should arrive on Tuesday. I am hoping this battery will get me 8+ hours, which would be close to a full day. I really need 12 hours, but don't want the hump battery. :-\
I didn't know to hit the back key to end, therefore I would just hit the home one. BTW I live in a strong 4G Area, so yeah that sucks when trying to conserve battery, but as we know it rocks for speed. Guess we can't have both, but I still love the phone. Hope that answered your question.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Take it back. You are never going to be happy. After properly conditioning and minimal amount of adjustments (screen on auto, Blockbuster sync, news, stocks and stock weather sync off) I have gotten 12 to 14 hours the past two days on stock battery. My guess is battery issues are mostly coming from smartphone newbies or heavy games and video users. The only time I notice significantly increased drain is when device switches from WiFi to 4G. A full day of 4G will reduce battery life by
20 to 25 percent but that will still be over 10 hours before charge. I am coming off an Inc owned since launch which I was convinced I would never give up. I have 10 years owning smartphone experience starting with a Palm Data Phone, through Treo, WinMo and BBs. Every forum on every launch has been dominated by troll and users who refuse to know what they are buying before they buy it and then will not take the time to learn how to properly use it. It's called a smartphone for a reason.
Love this post! coming from iphone4 it's a whole new ball game, but im willing to take the time and learn because this phone has so much more to offer. The freedom alone is amazing.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
None of you are going over what you have running in the background. Like.. friends stream (with FB or Twitter or one of the 2) stocks, weather updating, etc. I personally have all them running... Not makeing updates any earlier than 2 hours but my battery sucks. I use the same setting on any other HTC phone I've owned with better results... My EVO, Inspire, Desire Z all had way better battery life with the same settings. When I'm in an area with 3G, it's better but when I'm @ work (4G area) I'm dead in the water! 8 hours max with little to no use!
- 4 email accts - Gmail left alone (it is push) one set to update every 15, one every 30, the other every hour based on how important they are to me.
- News not syncing update when opened
- Stocks off not syncing
weather left alone
- Friendstream sync one a day. I only have this on because the images it retrieves are higher quality than the ones the facebook app retireves
- Facebook for android once a day it updates when opened. I don't really need FB in my face, just there when i need it
Screen as low as i can get it - fine indoors i have to bump it up when outdoors. Auto off
- blockbuster fix just in case
- I am in a 4g area and left WiFi off to test yesterday. Speedtest has my wifi slower than 4g :)

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok yesterday was my first full day - extended 2750 battery from verizon

I do not have any facebook or twitter updating, Email and weather update whenever the stock setting is set to update. I am in 4G most of the time, did make a trip to NH yesterday where I was in 3G the whole time (3 hour round trip)

7am woke up, took phone off the charger, checked email and went back to bed

9am got up for the day, between 9-12 made several calls and text, surfed the web a bunch, updated and downloaded some apps, did a battery pull because I found out my texts were being received as my pin number (problem fixed)

12pm made a trip to NH with my buddy to pick up some alligator and kangaroo meat, bounced in and out of 3g/4g a couple of times at the start of the trip when exiting the 4g area, surfed the web a bunch, did some speed tests to compare with my buddies evo and sent a bunch of texts

3-6pm did a little surfing and playing around with settings sent a few texts and made a few phone calls (10-15 mins) ran a couple of errands and streamed pandora over bluetooth to my stereo (15-20 mins)

6-6:30pm in a bad spot with no reception, in and out of 3g, put the phone in airplane mode until I was done at 8, I did see a big drop in the battery during this time. 10-20%

8-10pm played around with the phone, made a few phone calls and sent some texts, a bunch of web surfing, restored some backed up files from my old memory card so took the battery out 4 times to switch back and forth between memory cards. Showed the NHL app to a buddy streaming 5 mins of a game.

10pm - 2am messed around restoring a bunch of apps and starting them to make sure the setting were correct for when I went to use them in the future.

2:30am put the phone on the charger with 26% left on the battery

so with all said and done I got 19.5 hours use on a single charge mostly in 4G with the wifi OFF the whole time. Sure I have to look at the bulge on the back of my phone but to be honest it does not really bother me that much. I hope to get a little more out of the battery as it conditions over the next couple days and hoping and easier root comes along with some custom ROMs :)

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is good or not, but IMO, I think it is.

After minimally using my bolt, for 10 hours, to test what It would be like when I am in school, I started from about 98% and after 10 hours, it dropped down to 60%-50%.

This is with
-3G On (I am not in a 4G area)
-GPS On
-Auto Sync Off
-Mobile Hotspot Off
-Little Gaming/Watching movies, maybe 1 hour, 2 hour tops.
-Doing gaming/movie watching for the 2hrs drops my battery to 50%
by the end of the 10hrs, but playing or watching for an hour lets my
battery go down to 60% by the end of 10 hrs.
-Screen brightness at 0% or 25% MAX
-Blockbuster App Updating Off

And this is all with a stock battery.
However, this only describes a typical school day for me.
On weekends and breaks, I probably will be using my phone more and away from my charger, so I can't say for sure what my battery life is yet.

Harkes2k

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm having really good luck with my battery life! I take it off the charger at 6:30 am with moderate use throughout the day and as of 10:00pm I have 26% left! I'm pretty happy about it actually and completely love this phone even coming only from a Droid x I think this phone is 100 times better and am extremely happy with my upgrade!

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Stock battery I am at 35% after 14:06 up time, 2:32 awake time, 1:11 talk time, 38 emails (yes I am a former Blackberry user) intermittent surfing all on 3G. Pretty normal day for me and the battery made it.

ukohio

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting excellent battery life, but I'm cheating.

I've installed all the setting widgets, and use the Mobile Widget to disable data comms until I want to check it, wont suit all but I'm happy switching them on when I need them most.

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I just had 14hrs run time in an all brick building with poor service the entire time when I plugged in my phone I was at 30% left. Sent a handful of text played a little angry birds and did some browsing on FB and the forums.

I disabled the blockbuster app, and use ultimate juice. Plus I just bought the Verizon extended battery. This phone is amazing now.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is not bad at all. This is my first smartphone so I was worried about it. I work as a fishing guide and don't want to miss any potential clients on the phone, but as long as I use it when I need to for calls / internet etc. and don't download and do things for hours at a time I get through the full day no problem. I am in a full 3G area, disabled blockbuster updates, use 100% brightness during the day so I can see it fine while on boat, and 20% indoors. I maybe make/take 15 phone calls a day, sometimes more. Maybe 30 minutes of internet/google maps. I sync with e-mail every 1hr. I also bump charge in the morning. I unplug about 6am and have about 50% or more at 6pm. Stock battery.

Last edited:

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I too am very happy with the stock battery, the 1400 mah.. I am now getting an average of 12 to 14.5 hrs of use on it.. I have 3 email accnts running.. one set for 15min intervals, the other two are set at 1 hr interval, i have facebook and weather set for a 1hr update.. I keep the screen down to it's lowest setting unless in my car dock then it's up to 25%, bluetooth is always on and i pull up the google maps and latitude for about a total time of 2hrs the whole time i have my phone in use. I rely on my phone calls for both business and personal use so i do about 15 or so calls per day. I'm not a heavy user and i stay in the habit of pressing the power button to put the phone in standby, till i need to use it again.. so.. overall... i like it's battery life alot... I do the "Bump Charge" every morning when i wake.. somewhere between 9am and 9:30am then it off charge from 10am till around midnite or so... haven't been on a road trip so, can't say what i will get as i'm sure i'd be going between 1x, 3g, and 4g signals then.. also one more thing.. i'm strictly in a 3g area anyway.. so.. i'm sure that's another reason i'm getting great battery life....

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Today I had good battery as well all though I wasn't playing with it much. nd the area I was in had decent coverage. If I was to guess I would say my low coverage area at work is what drains the battery for me.

Keeping the display at a low setting for me is a problem. Walking into work I can't see the display cause of the sunlight. Hopefully the next software upgrade will allow an auto dim as well as adjusting the display brightness at the same time. Kinda like blackberry had.

I still kinda wish there was a larger capacity battery just not the size of the extended. The usage from the extended tho is making drool tho; just don't want to add the size and weight

Last edited:

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I am happy with my tbolt. Nothing better right now IMO worth buying. If your holding back because of battery life...just do it!