1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to tell what exactly is using your battery

Settings > About phone > Battery > Battery use. Mine shows 86% of total usage is caused by the screen. So turning it down helps.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

On the home screen hit menu. Settings. Scroll down to about phone they you should see battery and in there click on what is using battery.

edit***I guess I didn't read your post. I thought you were asking. Haha
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Screen is definitely the biggest drain. Odd, on my Inc it was only 7-10%.

Now it's 40-80% depending on usage. I know the screen is bigger but not THAT much.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

it doesn't make sense that the display is using that much power, I have an app where I set the screen brightness to 0 and it still uses more than 60%

Anyone have suggestions as to how to reduce the amount percentage wise of battery use coming from the display? I have my brightness to about half but is there another suggestion?

Also, do live wallpapers use up more of your battery? I don't have one equipped but I thought about it but want to make sure it won't affect my battery...
    Currently enjoying my first Android phone!

ROM
    Das BAMF 1.4

I think it's kind of strange... I've been using my phone quite a lot (screen turned on & surfing websites and such) with wifi on... made 2 phone calls (1 was about 15 minutes long, the other was maybe 5 minutes)

Display: 45%
    Voice Calls: 35%

I find the tremendous drain from my voice calls as curious to say the least. That said, I'm getting good battery life overall.

Quote Originally Posted by lazymac View Post
    Settings > About phone > Battery > Battery use. Mine shows 86% of total usage is caused by the screen. So turning it down helps.
    Mine do to , I thought that was bad *sighs* coming from iphone4 so the higher the number the better?

Quote Originally Posted by zshazz View Post
    I think it's kind of strange... I've been using my phone quite a lot (screen turned on & surfing websites and such) with wifi on... made 2 phone calls (1 was about 15 minutes long, the other was maybe 5 minutes)

Display: 45%
    Voice Calls: 35%

I find the tremendous drain from my voice calls as curious to say the least. That said, I'm getting good battery life overall.
    Voice has always killed the battery faster on any phone I used.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

Quote Originally Posted by Andeeg View Post
    Anyone have suggestions as to how to reduce the amount percentage wise of battery use coming from the display? I have my brightness to about half but is there another suggestion?

Also, do live wallpapers use up more of your battery? I don't have one equipped but I thought about it but want to make sure it won't affect my battery...
    yes live wallpapers use more juice, they are cool but I never use them unless I want to show off a little
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3