how to tell what exactly is using your battery

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
On the home screen hit menu. Settings. Scroll down to about phone they you should see battery and in there click on what is using battery.

edit***I guess I didn't read your post. I thought you were asking. Haha

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Screen is definitely the biggest drain. Odd, on my Inc it was only 7-10%.

Now it's 40-80% depending on usage. I know the screen is bigger but not THAT much.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
it doesn't make sense that the display is using that much power, I have an app where I set the screen brightness to 0 and it still uses more than 60%

derekgallina

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have suggestions as to how to reduce the amount percentage wise of battery use coming from the display? I have my brightness to about half but is there another suggestion?

Also, do live wallpapers use up more of your battery? I don't have one equipped but I thought about it but want to make sure it won't affect my battery...

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it's kind of strange... I've been using my phone quite a lot (screen turned on & surfing websites and such) with wifi on... made 2 phone calls (1 was about 15 minutes long, the other was maybe 5 minutes)

Display: 45%
Voice Calls: 35%

I find the tremendous drain from my voice calls as curious to say the least. That said, I'm getting good battery life overall.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Settings > About phone > Battery > Battery use. Mine shows 86% of total usage is caused by the screen. So turning it down helps.
Mine do to , I thought that was bad *sighs* coming from iphone4 so the higher the number the better?

bearcat237

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I think it's kind of strange... I've been using my phone quite a lot (screen turned on & surfing websites and such) with wifi on... made 2 phone calls (1 was about 15 minutes long, the other was maybe 5 minutes)

Display: 45%
Voice Calls: 35%

I find the tremendous drain from my voice calls as curious to say the least. That said, I'm getting good battery life overall.

Voice has always killed the battery faster on any phone I used.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have suggestions as to how to reduce the amount percentage wise of battery use coming from the display? I have my brightness to about half but is there another suggestion?

Also, do live wallpapers use up more of your battery? I don't have one equipped but I thought about it but want to make sure it won't affect my battery...

yes live wallpapers use more juice, they are cool but I never use them unless I want to show off a little

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692