so let me get this straight

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
to preserve battery its recommended to .. sync less.. no live wall papers... dim the screen.. dont keep twitter or FB running . limit your net usage. dont play too much music or stream anything... it helps to cut off the gps feature... WTH did i get this phone if i have to turn off all the good stuff?!?

had full battery.. took a 3.5 hour nap and lost 40%.. and the phone was sleeping! not in use..

i dont know what else to do.. sorry for the rant but this cant be right... we need and exact model of the setting for the most efficient way to run the phone..

i love it but not at the cost of barely using it..

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh great, yet another complaint. I would suggest reading through the battery life sticky thread. If that doesn't help, then I would suggest getting an extended battery. If neither interest you, then I suggest you return the phone.

Oh great...another scolding reply? Ugh. How many times am I going to have to go to the corner for a time out? Oh wait, this time it's not me. *Whew*. Kidding.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
just my input. i no you can def burn thru this battery. i have a fb friendstream widget, its set to refresh every hour. i keep my screen at 50%. i keep wifi off unless im at home. gps location off unless i need it. im now at 43% it was taken off charge at 630 this morning. no heavy use till i got home, been playin some music an just messing round. i cant complain i thought this would be worse life. but im actually pleased

Reactions: Edwill86

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Iv gotten about 8 hours so far with mod to heavy use on 4g and still have 35% life left. streaming pandora, playing games, ect. coming from an lg env3 that got 5-7 DAYS of life I knew what I was getting into with an HTC android device with 4g. I was half expecting 3-6 hours with this kind of use on 4g, so Im really quite happy with it.

and Im sure HTC and VZW will continue to work on OTA updates to improve it more and more.

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i hear you guys.. i dont want the huge battery bc it hurts the look and feel of the phone and frankly i feel like that is condoning selling a $600 phone where the battery is knowingly not up to par.

ive read all the battery threads.. i have it set to minimal usage.. deleted all the widgets , stopped animation. wifi when im home , brightness waaay down.. the only thing that is syncing is the emails.

it seems the standby (sleep) drains the battery waaaaay too much.. ive checked the apps that are running and frankly i dont even know what some of them are.

what is city ID and why wont it stop running?
what are all these com.android.porvider. ect / com.htc.dcs.service.stock..com.htc .socialnetwork.prov.?
cspeoplesync service?

been waiting for about a month for this and im sorry to rant. please if anyone has some insight to make this battery last but still enjoy it, let me know.

steven252000

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
About the whole battery thing and how some people question why a better battery was not included. I kinda feel it is like when you buy a new car. How many replacement parts for cars are out there that have "lifetime" warranties? My question was always if there are brake pads and other parts that have lifetime warranties why did they not include them on the car to begin with? Its all about $$$ It was probably a tad cheaper for HTC to include the battery they did and it helped companies that make spare batteries because they can make bigger batteries and sell them to those who are not happy with the included battery. Kinda one company helping another deal. I mean battery makers probably would have been a little po'ed had HTC included a super long lasting battery because not many would have bought replacement batteries. It's all about the good ole $$$$.

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
All you need is to look at the Evo forum from last June (same battery issues). One of the problems with the Evo is the battery doesn't charge correctly when in the phone. I bought an additional battery and an external charger and battery performance is like night and day. Not sure if the Tbolt has the same issue.

Also, the Evo got updates to address the battery issue shortly after. I also agree it takes the fun out of the phone if you have to turn everything off to get decent battery life