How to charge extra battery?
03-22-2011 05:25 AM
- I am most likely going to return my Atrix and buy a TB but my main concern is battery life. The extended battery and case is one option, but I would rather just carry an additional battery in my bag and insert it if needed. Is there an easy way to charge a battery when it is not in the phone?
I had a Dell Axim a few years ago and the dock allowed me to charged the phone and an additional battery at the same time. Such a dock for the TB would be ideal.
Thanks.03-20-2011 12:09 AM
- depending on how much use an options of charging during day you may not need to carry an extra. while at work i just text maybe take a call here an there. play angry birds for 30 mins. usually from 7am to 630pm i still have a min 50% so far. but the media dock (when released) will charge phone, and charge extra battery stock size. 1600mah battery is available. i was thinking of buyin 1600mah for primary an using the stock 1400mah as carry along on trips or day i know i will be on my phone alot.03-20-2011 12:15 AMLike 1
- So far I am not complaining about my battery life. I think it could be better but I'm thinking it might be if I'd just leave the darn thing charge for 24 hours which it hasn't had the opportunity to do. I've just been plugging it in when I go to bed or in my car. I tend to think it's never been completely charged. I did look for an extended battery just to see how much they were but Amazon didn't have any and none here either. At least not as of when I looked which was yesterday.03-20-2011 03:54 AM
- So far I am not complaining about my battery life. I think it could be better but I'm thinking it might be if I'd just leave the darn thing charge for 24 hours which it hasn't had the opportunity to do. I've just been plugging it in when I go to bed or in my car. I tend to think it's never been completely charged. I did look for an extended battery just to see how much they were but Amazon didn't have any and none here either. At least not as of when I looked which was yesterday.
As far as prices/availability goes, slim extended battery (using the stock door) seidio online has it for $49 and the battery is at 1600mah.
OEM HTC extended battery with new back door is $49.99 at verizon stores. its rated at 2750mah (stock battery is 1400mah). I just bought this battery at a local verizon wireless store here in socal. I was given a discount off the battery as well, dont know if its a special promo or the employee hooked it up, but i paid $41 out the door.03-20-2011 07:53 AM
- unless I'm mistaken, and if so, let me ask it now, how do you charge a 2nd battery while your using the phone wth the 1st. I have heard talk about this media dock which I guess will come out one day, but until then, have not been able to find a charge to charge that 2nd battery03-21-2011 06:33 AM
- I'm a little confused, but for me thats normal.
When I'm at work I pretty much alway have access to a power outlet and I've purchased a couple of extra chargers to have at different locations. Also plan on having a car charger with me all the time. Did this with my other phone and didn't have an issue. So many people are worried about battery life when power seem to be everywhere.03-21-2011 06:45 AM
- I'm tending to think that right now many of you (not all but many) may be like me. You're using your phone a LOT trying to get it set up, playing with it etc and so you're using more battery than you will under normal use after the newness wears off. Might not be fair to judge battery life in the first few weeks after you get a new phone. I just think it gets more use the first few weeks. I seriously doubt I'll be having to recharge my battery as often once I am settled in with my new TB.03-22-2011 05:25 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
How to charge extra battery?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD