1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to charge extra battery?

I am most likely going to return my Atrix and buy a TB but my main concern is battery life. The extended battery and case is one option, but I would rather just carry an additional battery in my bag and insert it if needed. Is there an easy way to charge a battery when it is not in the phone?

I had a Dell Axim a few years ago and the dock allowed me to charged the phone and an additional battery at the same time. Such a dock for the TB would be ideal.

Thanks.

depending on how much use an options of charging during day you may not need to carry an extra. while at work i just text maybe take a call here an there. play angry birds for 30 mins. usually from 7am to 630pm i still have a min 50% so far. but the media dock (when released) will charge phone, and charge extra battery stock size. 1600mah battery is available. i was thinking of buyin 1600mah for primary an using the stock 1400mah as carry along on trips or day i know i will be on my phone alot.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think the media dock will have a slot for an extra battery.

The multimedia dock has an extra slot to charge a 1400 mah or 2750 mah battery.

So far I am not complaining about my battery life. I think it could be better but I'm thinking it might be if I'd just leave the darn thing charge for 24 hours which it hasn't had the opportunity to do. I've just been plugging it in when I go to bed or in my car. I tend to think it's never been completely charged. I did look for an extended battery just to see how much they were but Amazon didn't have any and none here either. At least not as of when I looked which was yesterday.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    So far I am not complaining about my battery life. I think it could be better but I'm thinking it might be if I'd just leave the darn thing charge for 24 hours which it hasn't had the opportunity to do. I've just been plugging it in when I go to bed or in my car. I tend to think it's never been completely charged. I did look for an extended battery just to see how much they were but Amazon didn't have any and none here either. At least not as of when I looked which was yesterday.
    You can try to bump charge the phone. Plug it overnight, when you wake up in the am, it should be green. Unplug. Turn the phone off. Plug the charger back in (while the phone is still off). Wait until it turns green again. Unplug. Turn the phone on. Some people like to repeat the steps until the phone turns green instantly when plugging in, I just do that whole cycle once. And it gave me a really decent battery life from the stock battery. Went almost 9 hours unplugged, 4 hours phone was on. And had 15% left. Not amazing, but better than plugging it back in after 2-3 hours of use.

As far as prices/availability goes, slim extended battery (using the stock door) seidio online has it for $49 and the battery is at 1600mah.

OEM HTC extended battery with new back door is $49.99 at verizon stores. its rated at 2750mah (stock battery is 1400mah). I just bought this battery at a local verizon wireless store here in socal. I was given a discount off the battery as well, dont know if its a special promo or the employee hooked it up, but i paid $41 out the door.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

unless I'm mistaken, and if so, let me ask it now, how do you charge a 2nd battery while your using the phone wth the 1st. I have heard talk about this media dock which I guess will come out one day, but until then, have not been able to find a charge to charge that 2nd battery

I'm a little confused, but for me thats normal.
    When I'm at work I pretty much alway have access to a power outlet and I've purchased a couple of extra chargers to have at different locations. Also plan on having a car charger with me all the time. Did this with my other phone and didn't have an issue. So many people are worried about battery life when power seem to be everywhere.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Default Thank you

Great. Thank you all for your helpful responses. I pulled the trigger and bought the TB from LetsTalk for 175 with unlimited data. I will be returning my Atrix today (in my area on the Atrix my upload speeds were consistently under 1 Mbps).

I'm tending to think that right now many of you (not all but many) may be like me. You're using your phone a LOT trying to get it set up, playing with it etc and so you're using more battery than you will under normal use after the newness wears off. Might not be fair to judge battery life in the first few weeks after you get a new phone. I just think it gets more use the first few weeks. I seriously doubt I'll be having to recharge my battery as often once I am settled in with my new TB.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.