Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTCSense.com/HTC Hub not needed for themes!! Not root either!

Skins by Gadget! - xda-developers

I just found this thread over at XDA and it has a couple themes/skins we can download to our TB and it puts them right in the skins area. Not many there but it shows that it can be done without HTC Hub and without root!

shouldn't be long and lots will be available I hope
    Thanked by 4:

Thank for this. I looked but the current ones are a little to far out for me. It appears someone went to a lot of work to make them and they really are nice if you like those kinds of skins. Like you said hopefully there will be many more soon I think it would be great to be able to get some thunder and lightning for my TB <g>
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

That's awesome.

Thanks.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Here is a link to more at XDA...make sure and don't repost these, the guy who made them doesn't want that done.

I just tested Red Rogue and it works.

Thx to user oOoBoNgOoO for pointing these out!

You have to download these to your SD card and then install them

[SKIN][Tutorial][08.03.2011] Skins for HTC Sense 2.0 roms & Framework mods. - xda-developers
    Thanked by:

I've been looking but I don't see where you can preview the themes. Am I missing something?
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    I've been looking but I don't see where you can preview the themes. Am I missing something?
    in post #1 in that link just keep scrolling down and you should see them. the whole post is screenshots of the themes

do not attempt to install or download any of the framework bars several posts down..those require flashing them which requires root. Just download the theme apk. for the themes you like.

Thank for this. I looked but the current ones are a little to far out for me. It appears someone went to a lot of work to make them and they really are nice if you like those kinds of skins. Like you said hopefully there will be many more soon I think it would be great to be able to get some thunder and lightning for my TB <g>
    I'm currently rocking a live thunderstorm wallpaper that I got from the market. There are also several very good wallpapers created by AC member Cyber Warrior.

1. Point your phone's browser to this thread
    2. Touch one of the images until a download box appears (touch and hold). This puts the images in a folder labeled Downloads
    3. Then download Wall Switch from the Market. This will let you specify a folder (choose the afore mentioned download folder) and it will switch your background automatically from time to time.
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Nook Color running CM7

Default No idea how to install

@Air Force One
    i've got no idea how to install these themes on a non rooted htc desire hd. could you please help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Floris View Post
    @Air Force One
    i've got no idea how to install these themes on a non rooted htc desire hd. could you please help me?
    You just download them and open them using Astro File Manager (which you can get in the Market).
    Thanked by:
    Floris 

Is there something that would hange my email and sms to black backgroud with white lettering?

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

i cant get htcsense.com to get past the phone login screne to see if tey have anyothers that the stock skins that came with the phone.

Thanks it worked!!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionGSR View Post
    Is there something that would hange my email and sms to black backgroud with white lettering?
    I got to change my background to black and white lettering to my sms, dunno about the email part, fellow EVO owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    I got to change my background to black and white lettering to my sms, dunno about the email part, fellow EVO owner.

Haha....so how did u accomplish this?

Default Re: HTCSense.com/HTC Hub not needed for themes!! Not root either!

Cyber Warrior has made some really nice Thunderbolt wallpapers. I downloaded all of them.
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1