1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Want a good laugh? Check out VW Thunderbolt page (specs)...

Usage: 378 mins or 330 hours standby. Uh...I would like to switch my Bolt for the one that has those specs....please.

Global Posts
    11,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixone View Post
    Usage: 378 mins or 330 hours standby. Uh...I would like to switch my Bolt for the one that has those specs....please.
    That standby time must be with the radio and screen off!

Sadly, I'm not even getting 378 minutes of standby... I'm not kidding!!!

ROM
    Stock

Me too, they must have two versions of the Thunderbolt!! Kidding, but I am getting sick of charging mine twice a day.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

After a few days of charging and disipating the battery, I am making it through an entire day on one charge with moderate use, texting, word feud, browsing, phone, and facebooking.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

You are not alone, 3 hrs on 4G!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

It was doing fine on WIFI at home, now I am at work and its back on charger only made it half the day. I think I want my iPhone back....

Quote Originally Posted by shaneneff View Post
    After a few days of charging and disipating the battery, I am making it through an entire day on one charge with moderate use, texting, word feud, browsing, phone, and facebooking.
    This is what worried me. The puny 1400 mAh battery allows you only moderate usage and nowhere near the claims of over 5 hours of actual usage. Makes the Incredible look good.
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Every time I have ever heard of a smartphone being in standby meant the phone was physically on but not actively being used. So since I had my phone on for almost 17 hours in standby and still was at 20 percent battery I really don't understand why people come here claiming they had phone in standby as well but only 1-2 hours of battery life.

STANDBY = Screen off but phone turned on and should have at least 6-10+ hours of total battery life depending on how many accts you have synced and how many calls, email, text you receive that could possibly turn screen on from those services.

I get we all want battery life but there is no reason to come here and make false claims about how your phone dies when not even being used after 47 minutes. At least be more accurate because we all here have the device for the most part and those lies are so easy to pick out from the truth.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

HTC and Verizon claim the phone gets 330 HOURS of standby. They claim it should last for almost TWO WEEKS on standby. And you're telling us here you're impressed with 17 hours?

Sorry buddy, but if the screen is off and you have two email accounts to sync every 15 minutes your phone should last several DAYS in standby.

How about the usage numbers -- 378 minutes? That's over 6 hours. I'd be lucky to get 3 hours of 4G browsing.

No question. VerizonWireless hoped this phone would result in thousands of extended batteries being purchased. Not going to happen. I'm guessing they will get punished by the returns.

Those stand by hours were a low estimate.

The actual stand by hours were closer to 774....... Feb 14th (rumored release date) to March 17th (actual release date)
    Thanked by:
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

I think the battery is great. I get about 14 hours of HEAVY use. If you use WiFi when you can, and put the screen at 25% while indoors it makes all the difference on the world.
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    I think the battery is great. I get about 14 hours of HEAVY use. If you use WiFi when you can, and put the screen at 25% while indoors it makes all the difference on the world.
    I have the same settings and I only get 2 1/2hrs of heavy and 7hrs of standby. And yes. I did all the tweaks as well.

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    Every time I have ever heard of a smartphone being in standby meant the phone was physically on but not actively being used. So since I had my phone on for almost 17 hours in standby and still was at 20 percent battery I really don't understand why people come here claiming they had phone in standby as well but only 1-2 hours of battery life.

STANDBY = Screen off but phone turned on and should have at least 6-10+ hours of total battery life depending on how many accts you have synced and how many calls, email, text you receive that could possibly turn screen on from those services.

I get we all want battery life but there is no reason to come here and make false claims about how your phone dies when not even being used after 47 minutes. At least be more accurate because we all here have the device for the most part and those lies are so easy to pick out from the truth.
    Ah, the voice of reason. I am a fairly normal business user. Auto adjust screen,calls, heavy email, texting, fair amount of browsing (4g and Wifi) and small amount of time playing a game or two. Since properly conditioning the battery I am getting 12-14 hours which is all one can expect from a smartphone with this kind of screen and power. In fact battery life is not much different than my Inc and much better than friends with EVOs. But then again I took the time to properly work the settings and condition the battery.
    -----------------------------------------------
    The brightest Thunder-Bolt is elicited from the darkest Storm. Charles Caleb Colton ...
    Thanked by:

I have the same settings and I only get 2 1/2hrs of heavy and 7hrs of standby. And yes. I did all the tweaks as well.
    I agree, I can maybe get 5 hrs out of mine.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xrussx View Post
    It was doing fine on WIFI at home, now I am at work and its back on charger only made it half the day. I think I want my iPhone back....
    Thinking the same thing but still undecided. The main benefit of this phone to me was the 4G. If I can't use 4G and make it through at LEAST a work day, this is pretty pointless in my eyes. People shouldn't have to be doing all sorts of setting changes, battery bumps, etc just to get this phone to work. I was really looking forward to this phone for a long time and waited through all these delays because I figured they would at least want to release a high-quality product as their first 4G device. Maybe all the battery rumors were true about delaying the release but they obviously have not gotten this fixed completely and like many people have said, there's only so much you can do with a battery this size and a 4G network running. This and the light leaks are really making it hard for me to decide whether to keep this thing or not...