Thunderbolt - FriendStream UnAvailable?

StormyGeo

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I try to log onto Facebook on FriendStream, it says the service is currently not available. Anyone else having this problem? :mad:

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I try to log onto Facebook on FriendStream, it says the service is currently not available. Anyone else having this problem? :mad:
Friendstream sucks the life out of my battery so I dont use it to go in FB but I did log on FB via HTC's FB with no problem

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Friendstream sucks the life out of my battery so I dont use it to go in FB but I did log on FB via HTC's FB with no problem

I use Friendstream widget and my battery life is still good. I have set the updates to a bare minimum: "once a day" - whenever I need to check updates, I just hit the update bar at the bottom of the widget. Saves battery.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Im expiriencing the same problem.
Under friendstream my facebook gets that same error for both my wife and i. I was able to get twitter to login but not facebook.

goalie

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Friendstream widget and my battery life is still good. I have set the updates to a bare minimum: "once a day" - whenever I need to check updates, I just hit the update bar at the bottom of the widget. Saves battery.

is the friendstream "widget" different from the friendstream that is two swipes away from my home screen? mine is always on... is there something different to be done with this? (and how? - sorry!)

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
is the friendstream "widget" different from the friendstream that is two swipes away from my home screen? mine is always on... is there something different to be done with this? (and how? - sorry!)

It's the same thing. Widgets are always on but if they are not "doing" anything, should be fine.

You can change the update intervals. To do that press the "arrow" at the top right of the widget. From the phone's menu button, select "settings" Go to "Accounts & sync". When you press each of your accounts, it has "update schedule" option at the bottom of the list. It is set on "every 1 hour" by default. i don't need it to refresh so frequently. I would have set it to never update but it is not available so I have set it to "once a day". Hope this helps.

Reactions: goalie

StormyGeo

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Found Solution

I placed a call to Verizon and the rep called HTC with me and the HTC rep told me to check in Facebook to make sure I wasn't "blocking" applications. Sure enough, I had blocked all applications (this is in the privacy settings in Facebook). After I unblocked applications, FriendStream is now working fine.

HTC and Verizon reps were awesome!:D

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I placed a call to Verizon and the rep called HTC with me and the HTC rep told me to check in Facebook to make sure I wasn't "blocking" applications. Sure enough, I had blocked all applications (this is in the privacy settings in Facebook). After I unblocked applications, FriendStream is now working fine.

My wife was having a hell of a time with this but logging into the facebook site and changing her account to allow all platform apps did the trick!

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will def check my FB settings. Thanks!

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
How do you get this to work? I look in the privacy settings and nothing is working for me.

I had same prob and now works for me.. follow me.. do this:

goto your pc/mac browser and www. Facebook. com

after logging in, goto top right and click "account"

then choose "privacy settings"

then at bottom left, under the diagram/chart with dots of friends only selected etc, there's an area called "apps and websites" - hit "edit your settings"

then in there make sure its not set to all apps off. I'm now looking at the apps I have, and one of them is HTC Sense among 2 others.

my settings use to be all apps = off
this solved it for me, hopefully for you too.

let me know if that worked out for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon