Pushing back on VZW's 1 time return policy.

krazy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Given that VZW's website tells us to expect multiples (10X?) the amount of battery life than we are actually getting (or at least when I'm actually getting, and yes, I've turned off syncing, blockbuster, lowered screen brightness, etc) is there anyway to push back on there return policy? According to them you get one return per account. So if I were to return my phone and I have the same issue (where they lie to me about battery life) when I get a bionic I'd be forced to keep it. I guess I could instruct my credit card company not to pay them but that's a pain. And I also don't think I should have to pay a $35 restocking fee.

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
well, you could always wait for real world experience from users to report on battery life before jumping in day 1 on a new phone.

krazy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
well, you could always wait for real world experience from users to report on battery life before jumping in day 1 on a new phone.

I shouldn't have to when the company tells me to expect something. They shouldn't be flat out lying about battery life. I will give anyone one here $100 if they can post some kind of proof of this phone getting anywhere near (within 75% of "Standby: 330 hours AND Usage: 378 mins") the numbers verizon is claiming. I didn't expect to get those number as they are always aggressive but in the past they aren't so far off to make to the phone unusable.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Just return the phone altogether, go back to your old phone and let it reset your contract. You'll pay the restocking fee but you'll be back to square 1 and still be able to get the Bionic and exchange it if it doesn't work out.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Just return the phone altogether, go back to your old phone and let it reset your contract. You'll pay the restocking fee but you'll be back to square 1 and still be able to get the Bionic and exchange it if it doesn't work out.

This is your best option.

Also how many apps do you have?
The more apps you install, the higher the chance a rogue app will be sucking down your battery.
On my atrix I was getting 2 days of usage with just google voice installed.
After installing a bunch of apps tho, it dropped to just 7-10 hours.

krazy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have maybe 10 apps but if one of them "went rouge" wouldn't I be able to see that in the "list of what's using your battery" within setup?

martin erwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The specs on the battery are from the manufacturer, not from VZW, so you could take it up with HTC. Smple fact, though, is that you have had ample opportunity here to see that large touch screen phones get nowhere near the reported battery life.

Did you return your car because it gets about 2/3 of what the EPA reports?

krazy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
VZW posts them on their website, they need to take responsibility for them:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...w.verizon.com/smartphones/htc/&token=uXV2vbUw

I don't see any large screen touch screen phone go dead in the 7 hours on standby (when I'm sleeping) at least none that I've owned, or that my friends have owned, or from what I've read on msg boards.

I wouldn't be complaining if it was 2/3s of the reported minutes it's more like 10-20% (does your thunderbolt last 7-8 days standby? that'd be 2/3s of advertised standby mins). If a car company was claiming that they got 100 mpg and I got 10 mpg you're damn right I would try to return the car and/or sue them as would a lot of people, perhaps we'd do a class action.... and win.

Last edited: