The "Help! How do I..." Thread

John_C#AC

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't see a thread for asking simple questions, so I'll give this a shot.

As for my simple question, I am new to Android and find the volume rocker on the TB way too easy to adjust accidentally. The ring/notification volume on my phone keeps getting turned off while in my pocket. Is there a way to turn the rocker off entirely and just lock the volume?

Reactions: lapeter

Bolting123

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to have your email messages shrink to fit on the screen? Right now I have to scroll around the screen to see an email because its too large. My iphone used to shrink my emails to fit on the screen. Thanks in advance!

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't see a thread for asking simple questions, so I'll give this a shot.

As for my simple question, I am new to Android and find the volume rocker on the TB way too easy to adjust accidentally. The ring/notification volume on my phone keeps getting turned off while in my pocket. Is there a way to turn the rocker off entirely and just lock the volume?

My volume rocker buttons don't work when my phone is locked (by pressing the lock button on top of the phone). I have become accustomed to using this and it is almost an automatic response for me.
I just testing letting the phone go to sleep itself and as soon as the screen times out, i am no longer able to use the rocker.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to have your email messages shrink to fit on the screen? Right now I have to scroll around the screen to see an email because its too large. My iphone used to shrink my emails to fit on the screen. Thanks in advance!

Pinch zoom and they will get smaller

babybrownz

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Great Thread Idea!!

Here's my question..When I turn my volume down to vibrate, it only vibrates when someone is calling me. Is there a way I can set it to vibrate when I also get texts?

CD1X

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Great Thread Idea!!

Here's my question..When I turn my volume down to vibrate, it only vibrates when someone is calling me. Is there a way I can set it to vibrate when I also get texts?

if you go to sound profiles....found in settings then sounds.... and set it to vibrate....youll be good to go.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Here's one I couldn't figure out. I downloaded a PDF file to my phone and now I want to delete it. How can I do that without downloading an app or connecting my phone to my computer?

RestlessDroid

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Here's one I couldn't figure out. I downloaded a PDF file to my phone and now I want to delete it. How can I do that without downloading an app or connecting my phone to my computer?

I'm not sure you can do it without either an app or computer. Easiest way... Just download Astro File Manager from the Market. You can then look on your sd card. It probably went to the download folder. Press and hold, click edit, then delete.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Chrisy

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure you can do it without either an app or computer. Easiest way... Just download Astro File Manager from the Market. You can then look on your sd card. It probably went to the download folder. Press and hold, click edit, then delete.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.
That's a little stange that the OS doesn't have a built-in way to delete files.

maxx528

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to fix the touch settings? I can turn the vibrate on and off, but the screen feels SUPER sensitive to me. It's probably the fact that I'm coming from a versa, but is there any way to make it a bit less responsive? (Crazy, I know)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae