Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The "Help! How do I..." Thread

I don't see a thread for asking simple questions, so I'll give this a shot.

As for my simple question, I am new to Android and find the volume rocker on the TB way too easy to adjust accidentally. The ring/notification volume on my phone keeps getting turned off while in my pocket. Is there a way to turn the rocker off entirely and just lock the volume?
    lapeter likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,521 Global Posts
    Carrier
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

There is a no way to do that unless there is an app in the market that would lock your volume buttons.

Is there a way to have your email messages shrink to fit on the screen? Right now I have to scroll around the screen to see an email because its too large. My iphone used to shrink my emails to fit on the screen. Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John_C View Post
    I don't see a thread for asking simple questions, so I'll give this a shot.

As for my simple question, I am new to Android and find the volume rocker on the TB way too easy to adjust accidentally. The ring/notification volume on my phone keeps getting turned off while in my pocket. Is there a way to turn the rocker off entirely and just lock the volume?
    My volume rocker buttons don't work when my phone is locked (by pressing the lock button on top of the phone). I have become accustomed to using this and it is almost an automatic response for me.
    I just testing letting the phone go to sleep itself and as soon as the screen times out, i am no longer able to use the rocker.

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts

Widget locker lets you enable volume buttons while locked....among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolting123 View Post
    Is there a way to have your email messages shrink to fit on the screen? Right now I have to scroll around the screen to see an email because its too large. My iphone used to shrink my emails to fit on the screen. Thanks in advance!
    Pinch zoom and they will get smaller

Great Thread Idea!!

Here's my question..When I turn my volume down to vibrate, it only vibrates when someone is calling me. Is there a way I can set it to vibrate when I also get texts?
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,807 Global Posts

How do I have a different sound for email and for Google Talk?

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by babybrownz View Post
    Great Thread Idea!!

Here's my question..When I turn my volume down to vibrate, it only vibrates when someone is calling me. Is there a way I can set it to vibrate when I also get texts?
    if you go to sound profiles....found in settings then sounds.... and set it to vibrate....youll be good to go.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    for google talk you have to set it inside of the app....when in the app..hit the menu button....then settings....select ringtone.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,521 Global Posts
    Carrier
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    In both apps just hit menu then settings in there you will be able to change the notification sound.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by angiebuggg View Post
    Pinch zoom and they will get smaller
    it tried zooming out, but still does not fit the bulk if the email on the screen

Here's one I couldn't figure out. I downloaded a PDF file to my phone and now I want to delete it. How can I do that without downloading an app or connecting my phone to my computer?

Also if someone can help me disable notifications so I wont get double messages using sms popup i would be very grateful

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Duke View Post
    Here's one I couldn't figure out. I downloaded a PDF file to my phone and now I want to delete it. How can I do that without downloading an app or connecting my phone to my computer?
    I'm not sure you can do it without either an app or computer. Easiest way... Just download Astro File Manager from the Market. You can then look on your sd card. It probably went to the download folder. Press and hold, click edit, then delete.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by RestlessDroid View Post
    I'm not sure you can do it without either an app or computer. Easiest way... Just download Astro File Manager from the Market. You can then look on your sd card. It probably went to the download folder. Press and hold, click edit, then delete.

That's a little stange that the OS doesn't have a built-in way to delete files.

Is there anyway to fix the touch settings? I can turn the vibrate on and off, but the screen feels SUPER sensitive to me. It's probably the fact that I'm coming from a versa, but is there any way to make it a bit less responsive? (Crazy, I know)

Carrier
    Stock, (for now)

I can't seem to find where to turn off the vibrate function for when the phone connects... It used to be in the dialer>settings, but not anymore...
    Bolting123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Duke View Post
    That's a little stange that the OS doesn't have a built-in way to delete files.
    Some custom roms have built in file manages but I'm pretty sure the standard os doesn't have one. I could be wrong... It happens a lot according to my wife.

How about stopping that preview of a text message?.. i dont want it flashing on the screen like that.

so is it possible to have the icons on my gmail and gchat and handcent to show that i have a message in the icon versus just having just at the top of the my tb?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

OK, here is one where I am pretty sure I know the answer, but just for grins...

My app list is crowded with all sorts of junk that I'll never use, yet I don't seem to be able to delete the trash. Is there any less obvious way to decide I really don't want a blockbuster app loaded on my phone? Or did someone get paid extra to make us deal with it forever?
    Rem

Carrier
    BAMF Remix v1.8.6

Quote Originally Posted by BigPat3597 View Post
    so is it possible to have the icons on my gmail and gchat and handcent to show that i have a message in the icon versus just having just at the top of the my tb?
    There's a great widget in the app market called "Gmail Unread Count" - just put that on your homescreen rather than the app shortcut. I don't think there's a gchat/Talk equivalent, though, and I don't use Handcent so I can't help ya there.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

everyone's talking about battery life percentages. When I go into Settings>About Phone>Battery I just see a meter measuring the battery life. How do I switch this to see an exact number.. i.e. 37%?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by Valquez9 View Post
    everyone's talking about battery life percentages. When I go into Settings>About Phone>Battery I just see a meter measuring the battery life. How do I switch this to see an exact number.. i.e. 37%?
    There is no setting for this. You have to download an app that places the percentage in the status bar. Go to the market and search for battery and you'll see plenty to choose from.
    Valquez9 likes this.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast