Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I think i found what was causing my battery to die so fast

the problem is i don't know what it is exactly, under ALL in the manage apps section it is "PVWmdrmService", does anybody know what that might actually be? when the phone starts up it is running and my phone lasts like 6 hours just sitting even less if I use it. I force stopped it and I am now at about 16 hours unplugged and 68% battery left. If it is something I can delete I would love to but I have no clue what it is. HELP? thanks in advance
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

This happened to me too... it has something to do with the blockbuster app. If you open that app, update it to the newest version, and then turn off automatic syncing in its settings it'll turn that service off. Or you can root and remove blockbuster altogether
    Thanked by 4:

Quote Originally Posted by heartagram616 View Post
    the problem is i don't know what it is exactly, under ALL in the manage apps section it is "PVWmdrmService", does anybody know what that might actually be? when the phone starts up it is running and my phone lasts like 6 hours just sitting even less if I use it. I force stopped it and I am now at about 16 hours unplugged and 68% battery left. If it is something I can delete I would love to but I have no clue what it is. HELP? thanks in advance
    hmm I see it running all the time in mine even when in idle battery goes down I would love to hear the response to this. Do you notice a change now that you have forced stopped it?
    Rem

ROM
    BAMF Remix v1.8.6

Yep, this is related to the Blockbuster app. There's more detail about it in this thread.
    Thanked by 2:

Can't you just force close these apps that HTC installed?

Quote Originally Posted by lovy View Post
    hmm I see it running all the time in mine even when in idle battery goes down I would love to hear the response to this. Do you notice a change now that you have forced stopped it?
    No, not really.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

thanks for all the quick replies that is why i absolutely love this community, to the mods i guess you can close this thread down.

thanks again everybody

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaja View Post
    Can't you just force close these apps that HTC installed?
    You can force close it, but it will start up if the system thinks it is supposed to be running. Better to do the fix

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigMace23 View Post
    This happened to me too... it has something to do with the blockbuster app. If you open that app, update it to the newest version, and then turn off automatic syncing in its settings it'll turn that service off. Or you can root and remove blockbuster altogether
    By turning off automatic syncing, do you mean disable movie updates? I dont see an automatic syncing option.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Actually Verizon added the extra apps not HTC.

I also did the process to discontinue updates on it and battery life jumped.

Wouldn't that be great if the whole source of these battery issues is because of a crappy app forced on by a dying company? I wonder how sales have suffered because of battery concerns.

Just disabled auto updating from within the app also and will report back how it behaves.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

I'm quite sure sales have not suffered. All reports have been that the launch was super successful.

Also, remember that the large majority here even are not reporting battery life issues. It is a small portion of a small portion (as posters here are a small portion of the universe of android users) that are complaining vociferously.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

My number one problem with battery drain is 4g radio

Sent from my Bolt using Tapatalk!

Global Posts
    5,006 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

With Blockbuster going under why the hell is it installed to begin with. I realize that they may survive in some form or fashion but seriously put Netflix on there. I haven't touched that app and won't until I can get rooted.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

It keeps showing up on my phone even though i have canceled updates and force closed it. Disappears for about an hour and then shows up.

*shrugs*

I deleted everything I could off my phone, turned off every setting, turned the screen as low as I could and the battery life is much better. Now I'm going to start turning things on one by one and measuring the difference from the base. I'll keep you guys updated.

I dont understand this at all. It does not show up in my battery management at all. However, it shows running in the running services menu. In fact it shows that it has been running for 4 hours straight, yet it still does not show in the battery management.

I have been getting excellent battery life since I got the phone too. I wonder why it is draining battery on some phones while it does not on mine when it is clearly running non stop.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

My bettery life is bad to. I had to go pick up the extended battery. Its a little bulky but not that much. I can live with it. Today is my first day with it. So ill see how it goes tomorrow.

Default Re: I think i found what was causing my battery to die so fast

Why is android system running my battery down and wont let it charge

ROM
    Thundershed 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Cameron24 View Post
    Posting a picture of your battery usage would provide more insight into your problem. Android system will ALWAYS run in the background on your phone, and will be one of your largest battery drainers if you don't use your phone much. Excessive battery drain could be symptomatic of installed apps that are set to sync too frequently, a bad battery, etc. If you're running a custom Rom on your device, there could be issues there. If you don't know what a custom Rom is, don't worry, you're stock.