Poor Man's 4G toggle

rlm

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am not able to connect to 3g when accessing the test menu through the Phone or when using Phone Info. I am able to change the setting to CDMA auto (PRL), but it doesn't connect.

Is anyone else having this problem?

duke20220

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I am not able to connect to 3g when accessing the test menu through the Phone or when using Phone Info. I am able to change the setting to CDMA auto (PRL), but it doesn't connect.

Interesting. I'm not having this problem but a friend is and she's about ready to can the phone over it.

It leaves voice connection fine but there is no data connection.

vachief

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I was having the same problem. I discovered that I had to restart my phone after changing the setting in order for it to connect to 3G. Give that a try and see if it works for you.

SnowItch

May 12, 2011
Visit site
HTC would win a lot of respect if they just provided a widget. Probably take one of their devs 15 minutes tops.

I'd rather they spend the 15 minutes (plus) working with Verizon engineers to make the switch between 3G/4G and battery drain work. IMHO, we shouldn't have to be switching, but this is a nice way to do so in the interim (hopefully, it is just an interim).

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Not to be a jerk (Seriously) but this thread is four months old. The latest MR2 update has a very easy way to switch between 3G and 4G in the Mobile Network menu now, there's no need for the #*#*4636*#*# method anymore, or for other apps to do it for you.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Not to be a jerk (Seriously) but this thread is four months old. The latest MR2 update has a very easy way to switch between 3G and 4G in the Mobile Network menu now, there's no need for the #*#*4636*#*# method anymore, or for other apps to do it for you.

Was thinking the same thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad