cant use gingerbread keyboard

mischiefse7en

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i posted this on "the other" forum and didnt really get much out of it, and this one seems to move a little faster...
For some reason I can't get either the gingerbread keyboard or the Droid x keyboard to work on my phone. I used them both on my incredible. When I push any key it causes a force close. (i got the gb keyboard from a link in this forum that people said worked for their phone, and here is the droid x: (updated 10/16/10 with how to ) Droid X multitouch keyboard 2.2 addition themed - xda-developers ) Any ideas what the problem could be?
Hate to ask the obvious, but did you enable it in the Settings and did a reboot? I had to do that with my Evo.

me said:
Yes I did. And just for good measure, i uninstalled, deleted, redownloaded, installed, then turned the phone off and still gives me the FC.

Not sure which link you used, but this was the one that I used.
Download: Download: Gingerbread Keyboard for ALL Devices - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

The link for 2.2 links to Megaupload. Give that one a shot.

me said:
I got "parse error" "there is a problem parsing the package"

me said:
Of course I'm not rooted. These are the same two keyboards I put on both mine and my wifes nonrooted incredibles with no problems.

will9512

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem try downloading the multi lingual one off the app store. it worked for me although Im new to android (TB is my first one) am not not sure if this is 100% the same gingerbread keyboard

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Download Smart Keyboard Pro and get one of their Gingerbread skins. Looks identical to the stock Gingerbread keyboard and works just as well.

Generalg

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
i found a gingerbread keyboard that works, finally. Now i just wait patiently for them to get the DX keyboard to work on the TB i guess

What Gingerbread keyboard is working for you? I've been using the freeone from the market and it works but seems to be laggy sometimes..... Heck my OG overclock droid running Project Elite 5 Gingerbread rom had a super smooth gingerbread keyboard. WHY can't the TBOLT act the same... uurrrrrr

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish