Android Central Mobile View?

Skeletronix

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone able to view the mobile version of the Android Central home page via bookmarks? I can access it through the widget and also by searching for it online, but when I save it as a bookmark it says website is unavailable.

Skeletronix

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The forums are fine. I like their home page alot for all things android related. The mobile view is more convenient and worked fine on my Eris. Just curious if anyone else can access it.

Whetzel

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Go to your bookmarks and then press menu, then edit.

What is the URL?

It should be (without the quotes) "http://m.androidcentral.com/". If it isn't edit it and it should work.

Skeletronix

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thats the URL. Doesn't work for some reason. I can access the site, but not via bookmarks. Weird. I've been looking around to see if others have this issue and it seems as though it can't be accessed on 4g. Can anyone confirm this? Just wanna make sure its not just on MY phone.

Whetzel

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thats the URL. Doesn't work for some reason. I've been looking around to see if others have this issue and it seems as though it can't be accessed on 4g. Can anyone confirm this? Just wanna make sure its not just on MY phone.

Strange. I just pulled it up on my phone and it worked just fine.

I'm using WiFi ATM though. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I can't see why it would.

Edit: in the browser settings, do you have Mobile View checked?

Skeletronix

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Strange. I just pulled it up on my phone and it worked just fine.

I'm using WiFi ATM though. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I can't see why it would.

Edit: in the browser settings, do you have Mobile View checked?

Yes. Can you try on 4g? Just to see if im going crazy?

edit: oh, and try and access it through bookmarks.

Whetzel

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Can you try on 4g? Just to see if im going crazy?

edit: oh, and try and access it through bookmarks.

Unfortunately, I don't have 4G where I live. Heck, I still don't even have 3G where I live (yes, it sucks BIG time). If I drive ten minutes up the road (across the state line), I have 3G.

And when I accessed it, it was through my bookmarks.

Edit: I just tried it on 1X and it sill worked just fine for me.

Whetzel

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Man, sorry to hear that. Well I appreciate your help. Anyone else able to test this?

Thanks. Me too.

We're (Morgantown, WV) supposed to have 4G sometime next year though. At least that's what Verizon's road map says. They always told me that it was an FCC thing and that's why they don't already have 3G in my area.

I guess some things are changing within the next year or so.

No problem. Glad to help anyway I can. Sorry it wasn't much this time though.

Edit: it actually looks like we're supposed to be making the switch to 4G THIS year. Most likely towards the end of the year though.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone able to view the mobile version of the Android Central home page via bookmarks? I can access it through the widget and also by searching for it online, but when I save it as a bookmark it says website is unavailable.

LTE. No problems here. I would edit your bookmark and make sure it says this:

http://m.adroidcentral.com/

Either that, or delete it, and create it again.

Reactions: Skeletronix

Skeletronix

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ah! Got it. I was entering the URL correctly, but when I saved it as a bookmark, it was adding the "www". Not sure why it was adding it automatically, but whatever. Edited and working fine now. Thanks for the help!