Video Chat

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Seeing as Skype isn't ready yet, is there another app that will allow front-facing camera video chat?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

alcoholics02

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Looking to add to a thread for my question. So here we go....

Going away in a month with the wife and leaving the kids at home but want to video chat with them while we are away. Need to go Phone to PC. I know that the 2.3.4 will support video chat and I know that Skype is "coming soon" but as a backup plan if these are not out by then. What is your opinion? Is OOVOO working on the TB yet? BTW. Not rooted. Appreciate any help or insight you can give.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Looking to add to a thread for my question. So here we go....

Going away in a month with the wife and leaving the kids at home but want to video chat with them while we are away. Need to go Phone to PC. I know that the 2.3.4 will support video chat and I know that Skype is "coming soon" but as a backup plan if these are not out by then. What is your opinion? Is OOVOO working on the TB yet? BTW. Not rooted. Appreciate any help or insight you can give.

I will say that if your willing to install it, the leaked version of Skype worked really well using it phone to PC when I tested it with my daughter and there was almost zero lag.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

haha, um, looking at that first link---i like how the Thunderbolt now comes with a new Evo frame & Sprint branding :)

i might have to give this a try. Tango always sucked so much battery out of my phone (and seeing how battery life has never been a problem with the TB i was weary of it ;) ) and Qik never looked great with resolution problems.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: alcoholics02

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey project meant to ask you other day is how does brother like his TB since 4G is back up and running?

actually he likes it---if not for the multi-tasking, for the fact that his phone is faster than his home network :)
seriously. he was blown away when i showed him my speedtest @ his house & it was almost double his network speed.

still a big learning curve for anyone coming from iPhone to Android, so i'm trying to remember i can't simply say "factory reset" without instructing him: homescreen-menu-settings--sd card--" or such

and it didn't help that the guy @ the vzw store entered his own gmail account to get the phone running so my brother had to wipe it two hours later when he signed into Talk & didn't recognize anyone :) so then i had to tell him the whole FactoryReset spiel to solve that problem.
i'm just glad he can finally use the phone for its biggest feature & not having to give him excuses about "well trust me, when the network is up--you'll love it"

thanks for asking!