Blackberry to Thunderbolt

saabguy

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my thunderbolt from Fedex today but I am coming from a Storm 2 and I remember someone has given some pointers on the apps that are good for starters on android but I can seem to find the post and was looking for a little help. Thanks.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Look in the application forum there are many threads discussing favorites and what members voted best in 2010.

mischiefse7en

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
you might miss berrybuzz and instant notifications, but if you're like me you wont miss replacing your whole phone every 2 months. after my 4th storm 2 speaker went out i said to hell with you blackberry!

milwaukee613

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I just went from being a BB Bold user to the HTC thunderbolt and I am having a hard time getting the right notification tone for gmail/email/text, etc. I really would prefer not to have to use an app to control this.

I figured out how i can set my gmail notification tone.

But how do I set my non-gmail email to have its own notification sound? and how do I set my text messages to have their own sound as well?

Right now my nongmail account somehow got my alarm tone (very frustrating). How do i fix that?

I tried looking in other forums because I didnt want to ask the same question someone else had in the past, so if I do, please forgive me.

Thanks!

Cringey

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of coming from a Curve 8330, I am thinking that I would be satisfied by the jump to a Thunderbolt right?

itstheAtomBomb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Bye bye Blackberry

I'm thinking of coming from a Curve 8330, I am thinking that I would be satisfied by the jump to a Thunderbolt right?

I also jumped Crackberry Ship from a Storm to a T-Bolt. Best decision I've ever made IMO. Now we have access to apps that may actually work!

Shygar

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Storm 2 as well. I absolutely love the thunderbolt, but it is not perfect. As many have talked about the battery is going to be hit harder (storm 2 and TB have the same capacity batteries). My TB is just now starting to last decently through the day, after spending some time reading these forums on what other users did to improve battery life (such as not using a task killer, dim the screen, update Blockbuster app and disable updating, etc).

One thing I love is I no longer need the corporate email plan with Verizon. So that saves me some money right there. The downfall is that to get close to a BB corporate email experience, I had to get the app Touchdown, which doesn't completely integrate into the phone (does not integrate into the phone's calendar and very limited control on what notifications can do). You can use the phone's Exchange ActiveSync account type, however you can only sync one folder at a time and that is a big problem for me.

It is a little weird typing on it at first as you will want to push in the screen, but it didn't take me very long to be faster at typing on the TB than my storm. Other good thing is all of your storm's chargers will work, although they officially recommend only the HTC ones.

Enjoy!

milwaukee613

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts exactly!
Crapberries were way too locked down.
With android there is an app for everything!

How has your guys transition to android from bb operating system been?

I like the android feel and i love the apps, but my biggest complaint is the sound preferences! gmail was easy to set up and customize, ringtone was no problem, etc.
My only issue i have had is figuring out how to set my non-gmail account's notification tone. Also since the thunderbolt is soo new, theres no desktop programs you can use to sync stuff with your computer (im a mac user).

let me know your thoughts!

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just did the same, 8330 to TB. Long overdue upgrade created quite a Culture shock, but it is many giant steps forward in many areas. Finally starting to get comfortable getting around all the settings. Be warned, it will be frustrating at first, but be patient, its worth it. Only 3 days removed from the BB 8330, and it looks like an ancient relic already! haha

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
So far I don't miss anything about the Blackberry. I was a little stressed about the e-mail at first but found out that I didn't need to be. If you just get used to using the Google calender I have found it syncs well with my Outlook calender. So far 5 days with no regrets.

Reactions: itsdollar

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else notice the speaker on the thunderbolt when compared to blackberry? Bolt seems to deff be not as loud. Just trying to compare not sure if that's how the bolt is or maybe I have one with a blown a speaker

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I left my BB as well and I am not looking back. As far as notifications sounds, you can download them to a folder on your sd card labeled media/notification (something like that) using a file manager (I use Astro) and when you go to select the notification they will be there. You can also port over your favorites if you had any. I ported over Notifier Contentment and one of the Playbook sounds I always use. i was going to keep my Bold as a backup but that is going to Ebay this week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood