Few questions about my new bolt

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster here...

So I just got my Bolt from the og Droid yesterday and love it. I have a couple questions though.

When typing out a text in landscap mode (the phone sideways) is there an enter key? Or do you have to retract the keyboard and then hit enter on the screen, if that makes sense?

Also, is there ANYWAY to get the stock crap apps off that came with the phone? I know you can do it if you root, but is there any other way? They keep opening and its annoying me.

Also, do you guys know why some apps will just open up automatically? Like for example when I go in taskiller CityID will be open even though I didnt open it.

One more thing, can someone give me the rundown on rooting and roms or point me in the right direction? Thanks guys.

russell5

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster here...

So I just got my Bolt from the og Droid yesterday and love it. I have a couple questions though.

When typing out a text in landscap mode (the phone sideways) is there an enter key? Or do you have to retract the keyboard and then hit enter on the screen, if that makes sense?

Also, is there ANYWAY to get the stock crap apps off that came with the phone? I know you can do it if you root, but is there any other way? They keep opening and its annoying me.

Also, do you guys know why some apps will just open up automatically? Like for example when I go in taskiller CityID will be open even though I didnt open it.

One more thing, can someone give me the rundown on rooting and roms or point me in the right direction? Thanks guys.

There is an enter button for me. Might depend on the app your using.

City id is the only one i know of you can remove without root.

Taskiller is probably why apps randomly open. You dont need one and its most likely causing more harm than good.

For rooting and roms check the hacks subforum.

EDIT.
To remove city id without rooting. Open city id. Choose subscription status. Choose end trial. Should give you the option to remove it.

Last edited:

barnebyjones

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm also wondering this as well. Mostly just how to get rid of the stock apps such as blockbuster,cityid, and others that may be hurting battery.

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
the enter key is like the one on your keyboard on your computer its the arrow that goes down and then left at a 90 degree angle

i think the only way to get rid of the stock crapware is to root it ... not 100% sure about this maybe someone who knows better will confirm but think thats the way to get rid of that stuff

thats what i can help with

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
the enter key is like the one on your keyboard on your computer its the arrow that goes down and then left at a 90 degree angle

i think the only way to get rid of the stock crapware is to root it ... not 100% sure about this maybe someone who knows better will confirm but think thats the way to get rid of that stuff

thats what i can help with

Yeah I saw that key but mine just goes to a new line, instead of actually entering the text. Its weird.

How do you get rid of CityID if you dont mind me asking? This is a pain.

Uninstalling taskiller as we speak...

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I saw that key but mine just goes to a new line, instead of actually entering the text. Its weird.

How do you get rid of CityID if you dont mind me asking? This is a pain.

Uninstalling taskiller as we speak...

City ID instructions were given above.

In landscape mode you get a bigger text input box and yes enter makes a new line. I found that the down button (left right up down - triangle) takes you to the next field which can be send in many cases

Reactions: jgang06

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
City ID instructions were given above.

In landscape mode you get a bigger text input box and yes enter makes a new line. I found that the down button (left right up down - triangle) takes you to the next field which can be send in many cases

Awesome. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay