Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default You've got to be kidding me...

So this is what I can expect if I opt to buy the extended battery:

Verizon and HTC offer Thunderbolt extended battery, give your phone dumps like a truck -- Engadget

Wow. I guess youre the cool kid in class if you have one of those babys.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

yeah a lot of extended batteries are quite large.

My plan (if needed ) is to buy another battery and keep it in my bag charged.

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

I would rather buy a new battery and keep it charged.

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

I would rather carry an extra battery, than put that monstrosity on my phone.
    "Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt Hoooooooo!" - Lion-O
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,676 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

That thing is as big as an 80s Motorola!
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Haha these replies are great. Yeah, that thing is HUGE. I am with most of you. I might buy another regular battery and just carry it in my pocket or something lol.

Global Posts
    4,375 Global Posts

Even though mobile device technology is advancing by leaps and bounds, battery technology isn't.

i have officially made my decision not to get this phone... been lurking for days on the fence... i will now wait until the next release....

while I'd like to buy another regular battery- charging a second battery seems like it would be a PITA. While I agree that humpty bump is pretty... nasty, the need for ease of use juice kind of trumps my vanity... although not by much.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,676 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Manrod View Post
    i have officially made my decision not to get this phone... been lurking for days on the fence... i will now wait until the next release....
    It's an awesome phone. I like HTC devices waaaay more than anything Motorola. I just came from a droidX

TBolt meatclaws via talktap
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

ROM
    BAMF Sense 3.0

Yeah I'm waiting on the 1750 mah aftermarket

Just buy a regular battery and a cradle or desk charger. On ebay they are anywhere between $9.00 to $25.00.
    this way you can charge your spare battery outside of the phone.
    Stephen
    The Incredible Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    It's an awesome phone. I like HTC devices waaaay more than anything Motorola. I just came from a droidX

TBolt meatclaws via talktap
    it might be awesome (for the few hours the battery will last) but nothing has been smooth about this phone since the beginning... i should have known better... since the misleading "it's not your next phone, it's the one after that" and then the launch date delays... i know there people who will say but it was never officially announced so, it was never really delayed... those people are the ones sticking up for a phone they really wanted since aug, when the rumors about this phone began... of course they don't want the phone they've invested months in to be a fluke... i'm upset and almost got it because of the time i've invested myself...

it's time to move on and say this phone was a mistake and there will be a better phone, with less issues, soon

Quote Originally Posted by nativi View Post
    when buying new phone, we shouldn't be looking at buying a replacement battery the first week we get it... remember when we would buy a replacement battery after having a phone for a year or more?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

it might be awesome (for the few hours the battery will last) but nothing has been smooth about this phone since the beginning... i should have known better... since the misleading "it's not your next phone, it's the one after that" and then the launch date delays... i know there people who will say but it was never officially announced so, it was never really delayed... those people are the ones sticking up for a phone they really wanted since aug, when the rumors about this phone began... of course they don't want the phone they've invested months in to be a fluke... i'm upset and almost got it because of the time i've invested myself...

it's time to move on and say this phone was a mistake and there will be a better phone, with less issues, soon
    So are you just pissed off about the release date or is it something else?

I have this phone and can tell you that its not a mistake. Its a great phone and the battery issue is over blown.

But of youre seriously THAT salty about the release date, then I would give you this little piece of advice about life: "Dont sweat the small stuff"
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by nativi View Post
    Where is this coming from? Or is it hope/dream?

Quote Originally Posted by jgang06 View Post
    Yeah, that thing is HUGE.
    That's what she said.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jgang06 View Post
    So are you just pissed off about the release date or is it something else?

I have this phone and can tell you that its not a mistake. Its a great phone and the battery issue is over blown.

But of youre seriously THAT salty about the release date, then I would give you this little piece of advice about life: "Dont sweat the small stuff"
    i'm not mad about the release date at all... i'm saying i should have just known better when this phone kept getting pushed back that something was wrong... i'm more upset about the phone being advertised as some semi future proof phone when it wasn't... and by upset i really mean disappointed... i'm not "mad"... i just know i will be waiting to see what comes out next and let the early adapters check it out for me before i make my decision... and so on...

battery issues are over blown how? because people are "ok" that it lasts 6 hours but at least it's not 4?

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

funny thing is that the phone isn't even the latest leaked release firmware, apparently

I'm with you there. One of the biggest reasons gave up my EVO was because I had to manage the battery and it was a pain. Turn this off, make sure this isn't running, kill this when you're not using it, dim the screen, blah blah blah. I don't have time to worry about every single setting on the phone for it to not die. I only like HTC Android devices. I have no problem with switching back from my iPhone but until HTC produces a phone AND use a better battery, I will stay away. It looks like a great device but I can't tell you the relief and peace of mind I have now instead of making sure I can get to a charger or USB port. And I'm not gonna carry extra batteries and keep swapping them and stuff. I am by no means a power user that may require an extra battery but that doesn't stop HTC's phone from having terrible battery life. I mean why do I need to use a charging trick to "tap into the battery's reserve". That's as absurd as it sounds.

Global Posts
    469 Global Posts

I'm confident even a dx on a 1400 battery would fail to deliver the battery needed for most. Give us TB owners a 1700 that is not too large and we should see more acceptable battery life.

Note my viphone is dead well before the day is out.... its all about you're usage.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

I have the extended battery and I wouldn't ever think of going back to stock. I spend all my time looking at the front of my phone, not the back so I couldn't care less about the hump. It also makes the phone feel more secure in my hand.

Haters gonna hate.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by xier View Post
    Give us TB owners a 1700 that is not too large and we should see more acceptable battery life.
    I'm with you

Global Posts
    581 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 1.6.3 Remix/2.4 Lean

Day and a half with my "hunchback of Notre Dame" on the back.
    If you don't want the phone, please don't buy it.
    In fact, let HTC stack up a huge supply of them so the price shoots down quickly.

Was thinking of the i5 for my girlfriend but now I'm thinking of one of these phones. She could probably get a day and a half out of the standard battery...

I've tested a D1, D2 and X... Battery life wasn't that impressive...and they didn't have LTE. Put LTE in them, they'd be worse.
    We'll see what the Bionic does when they put it on LTE and dual core...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast