Aol Mail Exchange

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I found somewhere on here or elsewhere that to set up exchange on your android phone with Hotmail that the server was m.hotmail.com or something like that.

I really wanted to know does anyone here know of the settings to get this work with AOL mail so it is pushed to my phone. I tried the simple m.aol.com and it did not work when trying to set up exchange.

Any help would be very thankful and thanks for what all of you do on here. :)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You need to setup AOL mail as IMAP. I recommend using K9 Mail... in the market.

1. Click on the email Icon
2. Once in email, click on the menu button
3. Select accounts
4. Select add account
5. You will have to fill out your email address and password and then click Next (incoming and outgoing servers are verified, you are done, otherwise click manual setup and continue)
6. Select ?IMAP Account?
7. Incoming settings
.... 1) IMAP Server : imap.aol.com
.... 2) Port : 143
.... 3) Security Type : None
8. Go to the bottom of the screen and click ?Next? (The phone will make sure your login is valid)
9. Outgoing settings:
.... 1) SMTP Server: smtp.aol.com
.... 2) Port: 587
.... 3) Check Requires sign-in
.... 4) Username = just screen name eg. If your email address is tester@aol.com, just use tester
.... 5) Password

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
IMAP set up through the stock email or K9 email will only "pull" every 5 minutes but with exchange once you set it up you can select your choices of "pull" times or you can choose "push" which would make it act like a blackberry.

As i said I remember reading somewhere that the domain to set up exchange for hotmail is m.hotmail.com and it worked just fine pushing my hotmail/msn account to my phone. I am looking to if anyone knows what the server for exchange is for aol? Cause i tried my luck of m.aol.com which did not work.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835