Sense keyboard replacements?

SingerGuy

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded SwiftKey via the Amazon Appstore (thanks for the tip comineeyeaha) and am liking it so far. I've been a hard keyboard user for more than a decade, so still trying to get my touch on soft keyboards. I love that SwiftKey can anticipate the next word I'm going to type and I look forward to seeing how it improves the more I use it.

hemidart

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. This keyboard is amazing! Love the auto spacing. Something the defualt kb is missing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the smart keyboard and love it. give it a try there is a free version and then you can purchase the pro it is worth it the pro has 4 skins you can choose from

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
what do you mean by autotext?

autotext (aka autoreplace) is something us old Blackberry users are use to... it works the same way with Smart Keyboard Pro.

You can create your own custom autotexts that save time when typing a long word, phrase or even a sentence if you wish.

For example: I have an autotext entry that when I type the work "kilo" and press the space bar, kilo automatically changes to kilofox@myemail.com

You can create as many autotexts as you like.

Autotexts can be used in any app you type in, Mail, SMS, Browser. etc etc.

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have Smart Keyboard Pro and I'm liking it better than the default keyboard, and just downloaded the free SwiftKey keyboard from Amazon.com, thanks for the heads up!

jm013

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded SwiftKey about a week ago. I really like it so far. I think it blows away the stock sense keyboard.

Also I just downloaded their beta version. This version is even better than their original. The word prediction is excellent. Also the screen can be used in black. Winning!

ejweber

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried SwiftKey and wasn't convinced. It certainly wasn't bad, but I didn't see it as being better than the stock keyboard. What makes you guys like it (or dislike the stock board) so much?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey is fantastic. I used it for about 5 minutes on my Fascinate before I bought it. It's the only keyboard I'll use, the prediction is just spot on. Also the size of the keyboard is great, and typing in landscape fits really well for me.
I was trying SwiftKey earlier today. The predictive text was really good, but when typing emails in landscape I could not see what I was typing. Could not find a way to change that. Landscape worked fine on regular documents, just not on email. That's a deal-breaker for me if there's no way to change that. Also the typing sound was way too loud, even on the lowest setting. I could get by with disabling the sound completely but would rather have a very soft typing sound on an on-screen keyboard.

Thanks, Robrecht

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay