Insurance on my Thunderbolt...Pls help!

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
with loss, what is stopping someone from saying they lost it, paying $99 and selling a $700 phone on ebay?

They blacklist the ESN so that it cannot get activated afterwards. It goes into the lost/stolen list so that anyone who tries to activate it cannot.

That is why you always call to verify a clean esn when you buy a phone off of ebay

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, i had pre-ordered an htc thunderbolt for 629.99 no tax on ebay from a supposedly verizon rep. Its all activated and everything but the girl on the phone from activating..online wasn't working....said i couldn't put insurance on it since i did not buy it from them....They don't really know if i did sort of so if i call again or go to the store do you think i can?

I don't see any way to put insurance on any phone on my plan online for some reason....plan features/services...no insurance options there...

help?
This happened to me when I purchased call asurion direct they will do it ask for 6.99 coverage it includes water damage. Check back the next day to make sure its there. Hope this helps.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that own a house or have renters insurance, you may want to see if it covers your phone. My house is 2400 square feet and the entire house and everything in it only runs me $46.00 a month so a phone at $7.00 a month is extreme in my eyes; especially when you factor in replacement cost for both. It covers my phones and computers without a deductible. A lot of those companies (Assurion, etc) all report to the insurance reporting agency (like the credit reporting agencies) so if you're making a lot of claims for phone losses, breakage, etc, if you don't already have renters insurance or homeowners insurance now, those claims can jack your insurable risk score through the roof when it comes time to buy that type insurance. There was a big writeup on how it works on msnbc.com a year or so ago.

I'm just throwing it out there for what it's worth. If you make a lot of claims on your phones, in the eyes of the insurance companies you are careless, so it will cost you in the future. I would hate to see anyone be denied renters insurance, or have to put down $1000.00 on your homeowners insurance and pay insane rates because you are "high risk" due to phone claims.