Speaker quality of TB compared to Incredible

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Got the TB today, coming from D-Inc.

One thing I am noticing - the Volume Level and the Sound Quality are not as good on the TB as my D-Inc. Having the kickstand in or out did not make a difference.

The Bolt doesn't sound bad. It just doesn't get as loud as the Inc. And when I have it at full volume, it does distort a bit. The Inc never did this. I have them sitting side by side right now and the Inc is blowing the TB speaker out of the water.

It doesn't sound blown or bad, just...not as good as my previous phone. Not as good as I was hoping for. Love the phone, but this stinks because I listen to music on the speaker a lot and the DI worked great for this...this feels like a step down.

Anyone experiencing this?? Any ideas why this might be? Maybe the speaker is bad (but not blown?)

TIA!

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Got the TB today, coming from D-Inc.

One thing I am noticing - the Volume Level and the Sound Quality are not as good on the TB as my D-Inc. Having the kickstand in or out did not make a difference.

The Bolt doesn't sound bad. It just doesn't get as loud as the Inc. And when I have it at full volume, it does distort a bit. The Inc never did this. I have them sitting side by side right now and the Inc is blowing the TB speaker out of the water.

It doesn't sound blown or bad, just...not as good as my previous phone. Not as good as I was hoping for. Love the phone, but this stinks because I listen to music on the speaker a lot and the DI worked great for this...this feels like a step down.

Anyone experiencing this?? Any ideas why this might be? Maybe the speaker is bad (but not blown?)

TIA!

mine sounds great. no distortion on the high end and pretty powerful.
might be ur unit like u said. my mom's dinc's speaker sounds weak compared to my tb.

see what some other ppl say, you might have to exchange urs. :(

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Compared to my Dinc the sound much better but I wouldn't say it's any louder. Have you to play a few different tracks the only thing I can think of is maybe the song ir songs your playing are the problem. If not maybe you have a bad speaker.

Komodod

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine has sounded a bit weak and tiny...wondering if it is a bad unit or common issue. Are you judging by call quality or from playing music?

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Went and got a new one and the speaker is a little better. Still not as good as my Incredible. Actually, both of the Incredible's I had had EXCELLENT speakers, great sound quality and great volume (had one for about 6 months then had to get one through warranty). I guess I was spoiled.

Even this second TB can't quite compete with my Incs in both sound quality and volume. Close, but not quite.

Maybe I was extremely unluckly to get 2 DI's that had such awesome speakers!?

And to clarify, I'm testing side by side with the Inc using various MP3 tracks and various ringtones/notification sounds. Calling someone on speaker phone also is not as long as it was on the DI.

emmac1

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I came form OG Droid and that is the only complaint I have about my TB the speaker is really not as loud as my Moto Droid. I don't have bluetooth in my car stereo so it is really hard to talk on the phone through the speaker I find myself holding it almost to my ear.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Coming from my blackberry bold this speaker is very weak sadly. I have a new one coming today because I cracked the first one ugh. However I was really excited for the speaker and it is quieter and less powerful than most phones I have ever had :(. Will report if the new one is better.

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
True that. The incredibles speaker is way louder then the bolts.

This kinda sucks.

This certainly isn't my dream phone. I'm liking the Bolt after one day, it's a really good phone and the features/software are cool, but it's not that big of a leap. I suppose if I was in a 4G area it'd be a big deal, but I'm not.

And now seeing that the EVO 3D is coming out this summer, I'm once again thinking why is Verizon so behind the times. They are literally a year behind the newest tech, or at least it feels that way most of the time.