The HTC Thunderbolt So Far

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
i got the phone on friday 3-18-11 i gotta say great phone vary amazing i had a HTC Incredible and a Droid X and this phone just seems to blow those phones away those are still great phones but this one takes the cake when it comes 2 witch one is better out of the 3 as of now my biggest issue is the battery man today alone it only lasted me about 7 hours give or take and it got me vary mad i dont think ima get the extend battery i dont like how fat the phone becomes after it and i believe they dont have any kind of case for it yet and i dont wanna leave the thing naked i was looking into the Universal Portable Power Pack on the verizon website and was wondering if anyone has one and if its worth it?

Thank You For Reading and Posting

-KC-:cool:

kb31550

May 11, 2010
Visit site
what are you using your tb for ? All I do on mine is mainly talk, text, facebook, email, and a little web browsing took it off the charger today @ 9 its now 8 and I have 35% left. Not in a 4G area

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
i got the phone on friday 3-18-11 i gotta say great phone vary amazing i had a HTC Incredible and a Droid X and this phone just seems to blow those phones away those are still great phones but this one takes the cake when it comes 2 witch one is better out of the 3 as of now my biggest issue is the battery man today alone it only lasted me about 7 hours give or take and it got me vary mad i dont think ima get the extend battery i dont like how fat the phone becomes after it and i believe they dont have any kind of case for it yet and i dont wanna leave the thing naked i was looking into the Universal Portable Power Pack on the verizon website and was wondering if anyone has one and if its worth it?

Thank You For Reading and Posting

-KC-:cool:
These "power packs" are a pretty decent way of handling potential emergency situations. The only thing I didn't like so much about the one on VZW that you are talking about is that it was only ~1400mAH. I'd prefer larger. But, I'm sure you can find a larger one if you surf around.

I also saw one on the web (somewhere!) that allowed you to use a couple of double-A batteries to power/charge your phone. Pretty cool for emergencies I think.

Personally, I've ordered the fatty-daddy Extended batteries. :)

-Frank

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
what are you using your tb for ? All I do on mine is mainly talk, text, facebook, email, and a little web browsing took it off the charger today @ 9 its now 8 and I have 35% left. Not in a 4G area

I do a bit of talking texting web brosweing and i check up alot on the sports like MLB at Bat 2011 i got rid of a lot of live running apps and it helped out alot i also dropped the brightness to 25% i havent even downloaded any games at all for the phone im wondering how its gonna be when i start to

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
o and i use battery doctor to killl my task alot like every time i powerup the cell before i shut it off i kill everything i hear that the task killers kill the battery fast 2 is this true and if so wat do i do just leave all the apps and stuff running on the phone?

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
These "power packs" are a pretty decent way of handling potential emergency situations. The only thing I didn't like so much about the one on VZW that you are talking about is that it was only ~1400mAH. I'd prefer larger. But, I'm sure you can find a larger one if you surf around.

I also saw one on the web (somewhere!) that allowed you to use a couple of double-A batteries to power/charge your phone. Pretty cool for emergencies I think.

Personally, I've ordered the fatty-daddy Extended batteries. :)

-Frank

I found a 5000 MAH portable pack on ebay for like 50 bucks for that i mite as well just buy the extended one and just deal with the fatness and just pray dat someone will come up or out with a case eventally or just deal with it for now and c wat happens or comes out in the next month or so

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
o and i use battery doctor to killl my task alot like every time i powerup the cell before i shut it off i kill everything i hear that the task killers kill the battery fast 2 is this true and if so wat do i do just leave all the apps and stuff running on the phone?

I'd advise against any 3rd party task killer. They really aren't needed especially in Froyo, and they can make your phone do weird things. Your phone is its best task killer. ;p

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'd advise against any 3rd party task killer. They really aren't needed especially in Froyo, and they can make your phone do weird things. Your phone is its best task killer. ;p

What do u mean ur phones the best task killer

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

R1Lover

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I have been getting great battery life from mine... coming from the incredible as my last phone.. this one is about 50-75% better battery life.

Yesterday was a light day usage wise and after about 15 hours I was at 51% still. I can live with that any day!

R1Lover

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
man u r lucky

After some more playing around... I was on wifi most of the day... and after running today on 3g only I experienced less battery life. After about 8 hours or so with med usage I was at about 43% which is more on par.

So if you can turn on wifi to save battery for data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac