3G Not available anywhere? Even with battery cover on?

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Earlier today I was using my TB with wifi off and 3G off to compare how battery life would be when running 3G or wifi.
It worked fine, and my battery went down only 25 percent in 6 hours.
However, I turned on 3G to look at an email, then turned it off again, as I was going to dinner.

When I turned it back on again, using the "mobile" setting widget, the widget showed it was on, but the notification bar only had the bars lit up, as one would see when not using 3G or wifi.
There was no indication that 3G was even on.
I tried to browse the web to verify this, but I get an error message telling me that I have no network connection.
I even went into my settings to verify 3G/mobile network was on, which it was.

I tried turning off my phone (this was all in the restaurant mind you, I was waiting to be called), then turning it back on, and clicking the mobile widget off then back on, but still, it didn't work.
I thought it may be the location, but my parent's phones showed full bars and 3G (they have fruit phones).

When I got home, there was still no 3G or anything in the notification bar, just the signal bars lit up.

I can only receive calls and send texts.

I tried removing the battery cover, and replacing it, but still it didn't fix anything.

I tried turning on wifi, then shutting it off, to see if it would bring back 3G, since mobile widget was on.

Still, nothing worked.

Am I completely missing something?

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, it just seems like the questions were about when the battery cover was open.

EDIT.
It is raining in my town, (Tucson, AZ)
Maybe that could be it?
Still is weird why my parent's have full signal though.

Last edited:

madkillr05

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem with mine, I had to get it replaced, I called CS and they recommended I get it replaced. You can try a battery pull while the phone is still on , wait ten seconds and put the battery back in. If that doesent work, id return it.

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same problem with mine, I had to get it replaced, I called CS and they recommended I get it replaced. You can try a battery pull while the phone is still on , wait ten seconds and put the battery back in. If that doesent work, id return it.

Did you have warranty?
Do you need warranty?

madkillr05

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
i am still under warrenty, so yes, you should still be in warrenty. it hasent been 14 days since the launch, so you should have.no problems . It is a manufacturer's defect so again i think you should be covered anyways without a warrenty

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
go to settings>wireless & networks, scroll down and make sure the mobile network is checked. (sometimes the widgets don't work like they are ment to, i have had this problem with the airplane mode.)

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
go to settings>wireless & networks, scroll down and make sure the mobile network is checked. (sometimes the widgets don't work like they are ment to, i have had this problem with the airplane mode.)

It is checked, it's one of the first things I did.

I also just turned on airplane mode and turned it off, but to no avail.

Maybe when I can finally get the darn cover off, Ill take off the battery...
hm.

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Something new!
The mobile network box says

"Connection Failed", but sometimes switches to "Use phone for data connection when Wi-Fi is unavailable"