Extended Battery?!?

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased the extended battery from VZW for $37 after discount. When I purchased this battery online, I was extremely dis-satisfied with the battery life of the stock battery. However today was a completely different story. Battery life was acceptable , almost great, lasting over 13 hours. My question is, if you guys think that today was just a fluke, or has the battery adapted like HTC said it would? Should I return the extended battery or keep it? Thanks in advance.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased the extended battery from VZW for $37 after discount. When I purchased this battery online, I was extremely dis-satisfied with the battery life of the stock battery. However today was a completely different story. Battery life was acceptable , almost great, lasting over 13 hours. My question is, if you guys think that today was just a fluke, or has the battery adapted like HTC said it would? Should I return the extended battery or keep it? Thanks in advance.

Over the weekend I was ready to return this #@*!% phone, but today, the battery lasted long enough for a work day and I'm happy with it.

I did order the Seido OM size extended battery (1600) Friday and it should arrive tomorrow. HOWEVER, after reading the report that Cory posted, I might return it unopened. It seems according to tests, most after market batteries are NOT what they say they are - this Sedio "1600" may actually only be 1305..... that is LESS than the stock 1400 battery I have now! :mad:

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I would love to get the extended battery HTC and Verizon have for the thunderbolt, but 2 things: 1) I cant see my self spending another 50 bucks on a battery, blame it on the recession and trying to cut back on expenditures; not to mention the price of the phone was a little higher than usual. And 2) the size of the battery sticking out; although having a battery with almost twice the capacity sounds tempting. Does anyone think possibly an extended battery would come out that would kind of be inbetween the stock and the current extended (2750mah i think it is) battery?

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought the extended battery from Verizon (2750) and it is AMAZING. Spent 4 hours golfing on Friday and used it to text quite a bit along with using a golf GPS app. It only went down about 6% in 4 hours.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed how slippery this phone is. Does the extended battery sort of help with that problem? Also does the size of the extended battery give enough room to fit the angled charger underneath to use the kickstand while plugged in?

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I felt the same way. Then on Saturday I tried bump charging it. Now, I have no problems with the battery. It never gets below 50%, but I always charge it when I'm in my car or at my desk.

msf316

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Extended Battery as well. got it for $25 which was cool so even if wasn't really going to use it, its not like i spent a whole lot. the phones does feel bulkier but not enough to bother me. like my friend at work said "feels like a mans phone now" haha so it does indeed.

its been running close to 10hrs now with mod to heavy use and its at 48%. i think its worth it. but reading everyone Else's comments i will give the OG battery another tried and bump charge to see whats up.

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The extended battery makes no difference on kickstand use while charging. It makes it thicker but not so much that its annoying. The only downside is that I can't use a case with it. I'm hoping they make some cases to use with the ext. battery because I'm really nervous about not using one.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Extended Battery as well. got it for $25 which was cool so even if wasn't really going to use it, its not like i spent a whole lot. the phones does feel bulkier but not enough to bother me. like my friend at work said "feels like a mans phone now" haha so it does indeed.

its been running close to 10hrs now with mod to heavy use and its at 48%. i think its worth it. but reading everyone Else's comments i will give the OG battery another tried and bump charge to see whats up.

How do you get it for 25?

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed how slippery this phone is. Does the extended battery sort of help with that problem? Also does the size of the extended battery give enough room to fit the angled charger underneath to use the kickstand while plugged in?

It sure helps me in holding the phone more securely. And the increased useage if fantastic! 11 hours of moderate to heavy usage, the battery is at 50%!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21