Question about contacts...
03-24-2011 01:04 PM
- Hey, I'm new to the forums, so please bare with me.
I had a Droid. I just upgraded to the Thunderbolt after waiting the endless weeks until it finally got released. I just have a quick question.
With the droid, I simply linked my contacts with my google account and my facebook.
Now with the Thunderbolt it has the 'link contacts' option where I go to see my linked contacts and I have
Facebook for HTC sense
Can someone explain what Facebook for HTC sense is or a simpler way to take out that feature from my contacts? Or is there an easier way to dismiss duplicate contacts from the phonebook?
Thanks in advance, hope this isn't in the wrong place or anything.03-22-2011 06:18 AM
- I noticed on mine, the reason it duplicates is if I don't match the numbers from when I initially added before Facebook. for example, I didn't add area code or add the 1 before the area code. also looks like Facebook adds a +. seems redundant, but I'm assuming the only way to fix this is to manually delete the duplicate numbers.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk03-22-2011 08:01 AM
- I'd disable facebook sync and also when viewing your contacts hit menu > view and uncheck anything you don't want. For example I only show Google accounts and I save all new contacts to there. I'd also recommend deleting any contacts that are store on facebook or the phone.03-22-2011 08:20 AM
- Upon double checking, when I look into my address book, it shows the same contact name above itself, one labeled google, one facebook. Then I uncheck the feature to view facebook contacts and it's still there. I guess I'll log into google on my computer and try to edit it all there.
Also, what's the difference between "facebook" and "facebook for htc sense"?
And millsap2, I didn't transfer my contacts via bluetooth so I honestly can't relate, I'm sorry.03-23-2011 05:35 AM
- Has anyone noticed that if you add some contacts to a group called "favorites" had have already linked your contacts with their facebook data, the favorites contacts have a low bit rate and looks really crappy? Not sure if this is due to the TB lowering the quality of someone's facebook profile pic, but it doesn't look right at all. Just curious.03-23-2011 08:10 AM
- ok, I figured out how to fix my problem of having a bunch of "Phone" contacts that I wanted to make "Google" contacts so they would sync.
In the People app, hit Menu => View and select only "Phone" contacts. Then hit Menu=>Import/Export and select "Export to SD card". This will create a file on your SD card that contains all your "Phone" contacts. At this point I deleted my "Phone" contacts, but you could wait until the rest of the process is complete if you don't trust me or your phone.
Then, all you have to do is choose "Import from SD card" from the same Menu=>Import/Export. Be sure you import as "Google contact" and you're all set. All of your contacts will be synced to your google account.
If you want, you can use Astro or another file manager to delete the contact file (.vcf extension) on your SD card. I did, and it didn't affect anything.03-23-2011 08:48 AM
- So I have a another contact related question:
I've got two accounts configured on my phone; my personal with personal email/contacts and a dummy work gmail account with only my work contacts.
How can I add a contact to my work contacts account through the phone? On my Droid, I was presented an option to select which account the contact would save to and sync with. I don't have that option with Sense and can't find a way to force it to my work account.
Any ideas (other than entering it into GMail on my PC)?03-23-2011 01:51 PM
Am I just missing something, or did HTC completely remove that functionality with Sense? Had no issues doing this on my original Droid with CM6 and CM7 nightly builds.03-24-2011 01:04 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
Question about contacts...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD