Weather Widget Question

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So I woke up this morning and my weather widget on the front screen has the weather listed for Voru? I looked it up and its in Estonia. Any idea how to fix this? My GPS is even on. By the way, I live in Baltimore so its not even close lol

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem also, not sure exactly what's causing it though. It really is annoying, i've had to actually turn off the setting for pulling the time from the network as it would also change my time on my phone when it changed location like that.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem also, not sure exactly what's causing it though. It really is annoying, i've had to actually turn off the setting for pulling the time from the network as it would also change my time on my phone when it changed location like that.

My time has stayed the same, but the location is way off. I can't tell if the actual weather is wrong or not, but like I said its showing Voru instead of Baltimore.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If i turn on the VZW or Standalone it will turn on the gps chip, i don't want to do that, i wish to conserve battery life so i only have the google location services checked. Does the vzw location services use the stand alone gps chip?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You probably need to set your own location in your weather app. I did in the several I'm trying. Usually you enter your zip code. Works like a charm. My phone wouldn't do anything location-wise until I set it to the Google location setting.

Harkes2k

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
For my widget I can't get my location to show up at all...? It just says my location no matter how many GPS services I turn on or off... any help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney