Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kickstand and MicroUSB - Problem Solved!

So, I know there have been a lot of complaints about the fact that you cannot charge the phone and use the kickstand at the same time because of the MicroUSB placement.

Well, I just determined that if you flip the phone around the other way so the MicroUSB port is on top, the kickstand is still quite capable of supporting the weight of the phone and keeping it upright. EDIT: This only works for me while the USB cable is plugged in. I think the USB Cable helps support some of the weight of the phone, because without it plugged in the phone is too heavy for the kickstand.

One more issue with the phone resolved

Sorry if this has already been discovered and discussed, but I have not seen it mentioned yet.
    Last edited by brucipher; 03-22-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

I fixed this problem a different way....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kickstand and MicroUSB - Problem Solved!-img00271-20110322-0923.jpg   Kickstand and MicroUSB - Problem Solved!-img00272-20110322-0924.jpg   Kickstand and MicroUSB - Problem Solved!-img00273-20110322-0924.jpg   Kickstand and MicroUSB - Problem Solved!-img00275-20110322-0926.jpg  
    Thanked by 3:

doesnt work for me.. *shrugs*

Well done DevilSperm (a phrase i never thought i would type.)
    Thanked by:

When do you go into production with this and wonder if it's possible to make a indent in the metal for the bottom of the kickstand to rest securely on if possible.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jaguarpaw View Post
    doesnt work for me.. *shrugs*
    I think for me, the USB Cable is helping support some of the weight. If I take the USB Cable out, then the kickstand will not support the weight of the TB.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acmxenon View Post
    When do you go into production with this and wonder if it's possible to make a indent in the metal for the bottom of the kickstand to rest securely on if possible.
    That's actually a really good idea. Ill do that tonight and see how it pans out. Thanks.

ahhh i see.. cool.. thanks.

ROM
    BAMF Sense 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by brucipher View Post
    I think for me, the USB Cable is helping support some of the weight. If I take the USB Cable out, then the kickstand will not support the weight of the TB.
    yeah works for me but i think it needs to be plugged in

I must be missing something. I just open the kickstand and place the phone vertically right side up. The kickstand works with or without the USB cord connected.

Barry

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

For me it has more to do with lack of motor skills in the morning. I've knocked it over every time i wake up and reach for it.

devilsperm hey there, here is some ideas like for the orginal droid by EZ-Stand and a few others. I must stress that do not copy exactly due pantent happy lawsuits going on. One more thing if you make the indents is it possible to add more than one to adjust TB in a more upright position. Thanks!

ROM
    Stock

is dat the case dat verizon was offering in that bundle deal?
    -KC-

Quote Originally Posted by kcthwun View Post
    is dat the case dat verizon was offering in that bundle deal?
    No an individual started making home-made stands so that it could be use to turn the droid sideways an use as alarm clock and so forth.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

I have no intention of selling these. I just wanted to make one for myself to get me by until the real dock becomes available.

This works but I run into another problem. When I play games like Angry Birds or Stupid Zombies the screen is upside down.

Bummer
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Nook Color running CM7

I just stand the phone up vertically and i can charge it just fine and use the kickstand

Here is a genius way to fix this problem. Buy a right angle micro usb cable. It should fit under the phone even though it raises the phone a bit. The other method is as described here. Charge the phone while in portrait mode. Not well designed and these idiots thought they'd compel us to buy the dock (as if we'd take that along on a trip...)
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Do you honestly think the USB port could fit under the hinge for the kickstand? Look at it...there is no way it would fit.

On a side note, and has anyone taken a magnet to this thing while plugged in to figure out where the sensor for the dock is? With a minor tweak to DevilSperms dock, you could have it be fully functioning if you knew where to put a little magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSperm View Post
    I have no intention of selling these. I just wanted to make one for myself to get me by until the real dock becomes available.
    Fess up, you've got a sweatshop running in your garage already producing these.

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Quote Originally Posted by barrytest View Post
    I must be missing something. I just open the kickstand and place the phone vertically right side up. The kickstand works with or without the USB cord connected.

Barry
    Me too.

Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by johndabeast View Post
    Me too.
    Thats fine if you dont mind watching a video in portrait.

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

good fix!

Its just you have to carry that stand with you everwhere.

What I mean is? If you plan on using landscape mode and charging at the same time while your not at home at your desk?

You will have to bring your stand along.

nice case is that a speck case?

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Barry
    Yes, however, watching videos and video chatting in landscape mode
    is much better. And normally, while doing any of the above? you will
    most likely want you phone plugged in.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast