Kickstand and MicroUSB - Problem Solved!

brucipher

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So, I know there have been a lot of complaints about the fact that you cannot charge the phone and use the kickstand at the same time because of the MicroUSB placement.

Well, I just determined that if you flip the phone around the other way so the MicroUSB port is on top, the kickstand is still quite capable of supporting the weight of the phone and keeping it upright. EDIT: This only works for me while the USB cable is plugged in. I think the USB Cable helps support some of the weight of the phone, because without it plugged in the phone is too heavy for the kickstand.

One more issue with the phone resolved :)

Sorry if this has already been discovered and discussed, but I have not seen it mentioned yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: mauidoug

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When do you go into production with this and wonder if it's possible to make a indent in the metal for the bottom of the kickstand to rest securely on if possible.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I must be missing something. I just open the kickstand and place the phone vertically right side up. The kickstand works with or without the USB cord connected.

Barry

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
devilsperm hey there, here is some ideas like for the orginal droid by EZ-Stand and a few others. I must stress that do not copy exactly due pantent happy lawsuits going on. One more thing if you make the indents is it possible to add more than one to adjust TB in a more upright position. Thanks!

androidburn

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Here is a genius way to fix this problem. :) Buy a right angle micro usb cable. It should fit under the phone even though it raises the phone a bit. The other method is as described here. Charge the phone while in portrait mode. Not well designed and these idiots thought they'd compel us to buy the dock (as if we'd take that along on a trip...)

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you honestly think the USB port could fit under the hinge for the kickstand? Look at it...there is no way it would fit.

On a side note, and has anyone taken a magnet to this thing while plugged in to figure out where the sensor for the dock is? With a minor tweak to DevilSperms dock, you could have it be fully functioning if you knew where to put a little magnet.