Anyway to turn off delete confirmation of SMS messages?

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just when I long press a sms thread, select "delete", & a box pops up saying "The entire thread will be deleted" & then I have to select "ok" I just want to highlight a thread, select "delete" without the popup box

DO you mean the sent notification?

Under messages then settings. Uncheck sent notification.

enrocelrosu

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Agreed .... so annoying .... can't believe how not customizable android is

Just when I long press a sms thread, select "delete", & a box pops up saying "The entire thread will be deleted" & then I have to select "ok" I just want to highlight a thread, select "delete" without the popup box

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If you go to your initial list of messages (or, more precisely, the list that shows you people who have sent you messages), tap the menu and there's a delete option with multi-select where you can whack entire conversations very quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

enrocelrosu

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that works but it even there you get a Delete confirmation once again. It would be nice to have the option to disable that, same for individual msgs. It would save time. Even apple adopted this in their messaging application

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that works but it even there you get a Delete confirmation once again. It would be nice to have the option to disable that, same for individual msgs. It would save time. Even apple adopted this in their messaging application

True, but it's one single delete confirmation for all the threads you were deleting. I just go through about once a week, select everything, are you sure, yes, badda boom badda bing.

I think there are other sms apps that don't require confirmation on delete.

enrocelrosu

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
True, but it's one single delete confirmation for all the threads you were deleting. I just go through about once a week, select everything, are you sure, yes, badda boom badda bing.

I think there are other sms apps that don't require confirmation on delete.

yes, but they're slower:) i'm running on a S2 HD LTE with custom JB rom which made it a lot faster and smoother than stock ICS, but other messaging apps like handcent or go sms pro are still quite slow in comparison, need to upgrade phone i think..
thnx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes