View Poll Results: Which contract do you have?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Year

31 43.66%
  • 2 Year

40 56.34%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contract

So I got the TB and I heard somethings that I can get the 1year contract. I originially bought it with the 2year contract. But I heard for an extra $70 I can get the 1year contract. I was wondering what would change if I got the 1year contract. Anything with the warranty, insurance or anything like that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

I'm down for two. Saves money in the short and long term. I like keeping my devices longer.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Got the 2 year at Best Buy, but also got the Buy Back program for half price so I could technically upgrade in a year for free (Buy Back - ETF fee)

ROM
    BAMF GingerREMIX v2.0 B5

i got it before i knew the 1 year contract price. i dont care. this is by far the best phone i have ever had. i will be content October 2012 when i am up for another upgrade.

One year. 220 for a one year is a no-brainer.
    Banned

i am going tomorrow because launch day when i got the phone, they didnt have 1 year or tell me. so hopefully i can change it to 1 year because its under my 14 days return window

1 year. had to purchase online as no verizon or best buy store would honor verizons online price ($230 for a 1yr contract or $200 for a 2 year)

if you can get the corp discount then theres no denying you got duped by doing a 2 year contract.

1 year from now I'll turn around and sell this phone - for a profit most likely - and get a new 4g dual/quad core phone on a 1 year contract.

its miles and miles a better deal than a 2 year contract, no contest

Quote Originally Posted by majormarkd View Post
    1 year. had to purchase online as no verizon or best buy store would honor verizons online price ($230 for a 1yr contract or $200 for a 2 year)

if you can get the corp discount then theres no denying you got duped by doing a 2 year contract.

1 year from now I'll turn around and sell this phone - for a profit most likely - and get a new 4g dual/quad core phone on a 1 year contract.

its miles and miles a better deal than a 2 year contract, no contest
    It all comes down to grandfathered data plans. If Verizon grandfathers unlimited data like AT&T has been, then people on two-year plans are getting played. If they don't, those of us on one-year contracts might get screwed next year. There's a rumor over at XDA that tiered data is coming on Thursday.

ROM
    stock

Got the 1 year contract. Phone was $229.99.
    Was only expecting a discount on accessories and calling plans, but got a $90 discount on the phone price too.

I love this phone.

I got it under a 1 year contract. I've had around 4 android phones since 2008. Finally got around to Verizon. Used to be with AT&T, and Sprint.

ROM
    Stock

I got a two year, however I am the primary account phone number on our family plan, so I get an annual upgrade. : ] Best of both worlds. hehe
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

2 Yrs... I was advised by a friend who works for Verizon that I would be locked in to the unlimited. But who knows... anything could change.. better safe then sorry..

I went two year to have the best chance at locking in unlimited LTE for as long as possible. I'll pay full retail for the next best thing to come out and just swap my SIM into it, so upgrade timelines mean little to me. Unlimited LTE data is where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    I'm down for two. Saves money in the short and long term. I like keeping my devices longer.
    At the price I paid for my Bolt I can't afford to upgrade after a year. I will need to keep this for the two years or at least as close to it as VZW allows an upgrade with upgrade pricing. Besides, I waited a VERY long time for my Bolt so if it keeps going the way it is now I'm prollly gonna to wanna hang on to it anyway
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

I went one year because I really view the TB as an iterative version of the EVO line, and fully expect that by the end of the year we'll be seeing some truly revolutionary phones released.

Quote Originally Posted by lady.grey18 View Post
    I got a two year, however I am the primary account phone number on our family plan, so I get an annual upgrade. : ] Best of both worlds. hehe
    They got rid of the annual upgrade in January. Since you entered into a new contract with verizon, no more annual upgrades
    Pretty good member

I got the phone really, really cheap on a 2-year contract. Thought about a 1-year contract but my 2nd line is already available for an upgrade so I don't have to worry about how long I keep this Bolt. It's a great phone for now, but when there's an XGVA (or more likely qHD) screen on a dual or quad core phone with a better sized battery, I'll probably bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by robrecht View Post
    It's a great phone for now, but when there's an XGVA (or more likely qHD) screen on a dual or quad core phone with a better sized battery, I'll probably bolt.
    Pun intended?
    Pretty good member

Quote Originally Posted by Sentrix View Post
    Pun intended?
    Of course!

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

2 year, through Verizon (got it bumped down to $199 for some reason)
    was going to do BestBuy for the BuyBack--but that would then require me to buy a phone at Full RetailPrice in 6 months since my upgrade wouldn't be for another 18 months...so, Verizon was more reasonable.

Planned on doing a one-year, but got an extra $50 discount to do two-year. $200 vs. $320. Have 3 more upgrades available in the next year, so figure I can handle the two-year on this line.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper ROM

I paid 150 for two year then called VZW and changed to a one year for 70$ more so 220 for 1 year

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Motorola Q -> Blackberry storm -> iPhone 3gs -> Blackberry Tour -> Droid Incredible ->Thunderbolt ->Epic 4G Touch->Evo 4G LTE

"ROOTED"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO