Not vibrating

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My phone isn't vibrating when I receive calls or messages while on vibrate. Anyone know why or have this issue?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. Go to the settings under messages and there is a setting to change incoming messages to vibrate.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to make the vibrate stronger? it seems a bit weak. my old samsung would make noise on my desk and the TB just doesn't seem high enough.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to make the vibrate stronger? it seems a bit weak. my old samsung would make noise on my desk and the TB just doesn't seem high enough.
I doubt it. Vibration is usually hardware dependent, mostly. Although I have heard of software improving it. I don't know of any way to change it in the stock TBolt.

Personally, I'm satisfied with the strength. But I would sure like to be able to configure a different number of vibrates for different events.

When I had my ringer on Vibrate, my old HTC phone would vibrate 5 times for calendar appointments and three times for email. And of course it would continue to vibrate during an incoming call. It was not configurable, it was just in the ROM that way. It was very convenient to be able to tell without looking whether it was an email, calendar event or incoming call. I would often ignore one or the other. With the TBolt I always have to check the phone.

-Frank

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I either get no vibrate for messages when in Vibrate mode. Or I get vibrate for messages when in both ring and vibrate mode. Frustrating. I'm tried downloading sound manager and it's not helping.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
yeah. I can live with it but I have to check the phone more often. I'm still hesitant to d/l anything that changes the stock settings. this is my first android.

Disco DC

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
From home screen I hit "Menu"---> "Settings" -----> Select your E-mail Account ------>"Account Settings" - ----> "Notifications" -------> check Notification Vibrate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01