Verizon 4G coverage radius

trogdor007

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking into getting the Thunderbolt with my upgrade, but I am unsure if I will get coverage where I'm at because I am unsure of the coverage radius. I'm about 15 or so miles out of the 4G city. Would anyone know this information about the coverage radius, or at least a decent estimate? Thanks.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
dont go by that map. I am in the dead center of the coverage map and around one mile radius of my house I get very spotty 4g coverage. I can barely browse the web. It is slow as hell and also drops the 4g LTE symbol constantly. Called tech support and they opened up a ticket. They sent me a text this morning and asked me to check the service again, still iffy, I hope they fix this crap. I go out the 1 mile radius I get epic fast 4g coverage. Just try the phone and see how it works out. I am just using wifi at home or 3g for now which I have to manually switch to since it doesn't hand of properly.

Wantec

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
dont go by that map. I am in the dead center of the coverage map and around one mile radius of my house I get very spotty 4g coverage. I can barely browse the web. It is slow as hell and also drops the 4g LTE symbol constantly. Called tech support and they opened up a ticket. They sent me a text this morning and asked me to check the service again, still iffy, I hope they fix this crap. I go out the 1 mile radius I get epic fast 4g coverage. Just try the phone and see how it works out. I am just using wifi at home or 3g for now which I have to manually switch to since it doesn't hand of properly.
I've heard one or two reports of folks having bad coverage right next to a tower, but great coverage when they go a quarter mile or so away

Astromech

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I second that Wantec. I am 2 blocks from an area which when I checked on my phone clocked 25.75 download and 6 upload speeds. Now walk two blocks back to my house and I am barely able to get 2.5 and 0.70. Most of the time when I try and use the hotspot at home, it comes and goes so my computer goes in spurts. Basically I can't use my phone at home for internet. Isn't the 3G supposed to cover when the 4G isn't picking up? Doesn't seem to do that for me.

trogdor007

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I read that article today. I'm pretty excited because I go to Purdue (West Lafayette) and we have 4G here already. I'm just unsure if I'll get coverage when I go home for the summer or during breaks because I live about 20 or 25 miles outside of one of the new 4G locations coming in 2011. I'm not sure if I'll get coverage, but I am probably still going to get the Thunderbolt because I'll be spending most of my year at college anyway. I just have to get my New Every 2 situation sorted out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez