Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default does anyone else hate how the led indicator is behind the earpiece grill?

Why would u put it there? I came from a bb and when I'm at work my phone is silenced. I could see that led from any angle.

Yup, it's garbage. Almost as ridiculous as the kickstand opening the wrong direction with regards to the charging port. Lots of dumb design decisions on this thing. Still and awesome phone tho.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yah thats the thing, everything thats good about this phone is absolutely awesome, but when its something wrong...its totally a WTF were they thinking when they did this.

I agree I wish the LED were more prominent, larger and had multiple colors for different notifications. I cannot understand why none of the manufacturers seem to be able to deliver this simple request.

It's very hard to see I could see the notification light on my DX from across the room. Now I have to get all the way up on the phone to see it.

Yeah coming from a blackberry, not having a functional LED sucks. I miss so many messages now if I don't hear my phone vibrate.

I don't hate it, just gotta get accustomed to looking there.

Looks great for me but I am coming from a fascinate.

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Like the Thunderbolt the Evo's led is under the speaker grill too.
    I just keep my phone in landscape position with the kick stand deployed.

I can see if I have a message from across he room no problem.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I wish they could have put it under the whole grill. That would have looked great.

ROM
    stock

I like the LED indicator. Reminds me of Knightrider.

I have no problem with it.

Definately isnt as bright as I'd like, and coming from a motorola droid, it kinda sucks

Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
    Yup, it's garbage. Almost as ridiculous as the kickstand opening the wrong direction with regards to the charging port. Lots of dumb design decisions on this thing. Still and awesome phone tho.
    the LED behind the grill doesn't bother me but the kickstand annoys the crap out of me... I can't belive no one said anything doing product testing phase...

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by jfoofoo View Post
    the LED behind the grill doesn't bother me but the kickstand annoys the crap out of me... I can't belive no one said anything doing product testing phase...
    What's wrong with your kickstand?

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    What's wrong with your kickstand?
    It opens the same direction as the charging port...hence you can't use the stand and the charger at the same time in landscape orientation.

The LED light had to be an afterthought! I want the name and badge number of that *****!!!! LOL
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,546 Global Posts

The LED is worthless. They may as well have just skipped it.

The other thing that is annoying is that once the light is amber for charging and a notification comes in, you won't see the notification light at all. The DX showed it, it would flash the notification light once a message was received.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

I don't mind it at all. It is much smaller than many notification lights. I imagine the reason they didn't put a BIG HUGE LED LIGHT on the phone might have had to do with power consumption

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    I don't mind it at all. It is much smaller than many notification lights. I imagine the reason they didn't put a BIG HUGE LED LIGHT on the phone might have had to do with power consumption

-Frank
    Most phones have a light you can actually see. If they were so worried about power consumption they should have included a battery > 1400 like the 1600 I just ordered that fits in the same size compartment. The light is there so you don't have to turn on the phone over and over to check to see if you have messages when you have to have the sound off. I'm guessing turning the screen on and off all day long uses more power than a small flashing light.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post

-Frank

No one said anything about a huge led. If all they did was put the same led so it sits flush with the surface of the outer shell, you could see it without having to turn it at an angle where you have to look behind the earpiece grill.

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
    It opens the same direction as the charging port...hence you can't use the stand and the charger at the same time in landscape orientation.
    yeah I had a brain fart thinking he was having problems with his LED notifications
    because of his kickstand hehe

ROM
    None

Not at all I like it in there.

Crappy compared to a blackberry led but since im coming from a galaxy s it doesn't bother me all that much
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast