Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AZDROIDX's Avatar

    Posts
    275 Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast- GNex

    Default 1650mAh extended battery possibilty?

    I've read the MyTouch 4G battery is the same as Tbolt, Mugen Power makes an extended 1650mAh for it so I assume it will work with Tbolt with stock battery too. 50mAh over Seildo for around same price is a start. Just an FYI, it is on backorder though. May wait a few more weeks to see if a 1700-1800 comes out.

  2. #2  

    Default

    interesting. if it ends up being compatible that would definitely be one of the best alternatives.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    AZDROIDX's Avatar

    Posts
    275 Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast- GNex

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majormarkd View Post
    interesting. if it ends up being compatible that would definitely be one of the best alternatives.
    As of now it looks that way, plus I keep reading the Seido cells aren't too great compared to OEM. Most slim extended packs with 200-300mAh more don't add much if any. Maybe these cells are better? I also just saw the EVO 3D comes with a 1730mAh? wonder if it would fit a Tbolt or even an EVO for others?
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZDROIDX View Post
    I've read the MyTouch 4G battery is the same as Tbolt, Mugen Power makes an extended 1650mAh for it so I assume it will work with Tbolt with stock battery too. 50mAh over Seildo for around same price is a start. Just an FYI, it is on backorder though. May wait a few more weeks to see if a 1700-1800 comes out.


    I'm starting to wonder if that is the case also. If you notice on the Seidio web site for that 1600mAh battery is shows it compatible with the TBolt/MyTouch 4G.
  5. #5  
    jas o's Avatar

    Posts
    488 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

    Default

    The Mugen batteries I believe have tested the worst of all the aftermarket batteries. If I remember right the were supposed to be extended capacity but when tested were less thean the stock battery.

    I think the link to the test is in the battery sticky
    Waiting for the G-Nex
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    AZDROIDX's Avatar

    Posts
    275 Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast- GNex

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jas o View Post
    The Mugen batteries I believe have tested the worst of all the aftermarket batteries. If I remember right the were supposed to be extended capacity but when tested were less thean the stock battery.

    I think the link to the test is in the battery sticky
    Thanks for the info, I'll do more research on them.
  7. #7  
    htowngator's Avatar

    Posts
    1,278 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

    Default

    Better off sticking with stock battery. I know it sucks but surprisingly it does fine by comparison to these after-market things.
  8. #8  
    stuckhere4ever's Avatar

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    LTB 2.2 / LeanKernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZDROIDX View Post
    As of now it looks that way, plus I keep reading the Seido cells aren't too great compared to OEM.
    Yeah I wouldn't get another Seidio battery. I got the extended one for my Storm 2 a while ago, and within a month, it barely held a charge for 3 hours. The OEM battery lasted me throughout a day.

    Nothing bad against the company, their cases are awesome, and I am sure I will have one on every phone I ever own from now on, but yeah definitely not the battery.

Posting Permissions

B