itstheAtomBomb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
As far as I am aware, you need to download Swype from the Swype website. You simply sign up, confirm membership and it will download the Swype Installer. from there, just follow the instructions in app to complete the install.

Swype. It's not in the market right now.

I'm a complete noob about Android, but is the reason that its not in the market because it is in beta? Just curious...

Last edited:

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
As far as I am aware, you need to download Swype from the Swype website. You simply sign up, confirm membership and it will download the Swype Installer. from there, just follow the instructions in app to complete the install.

I'm a complete noob about Android, but is the reason that its not in the market because it is in beta? Just curious...

That's right. I forgot about that. I wonder why they pulled it off the market though.

itstheAtomBomb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. I was told that that had to be the first thing I downloaded onto my Bolt, and I am so glad that I downloaded it. It has crashed like twice and I have had to re-boot the keyboard but other than that and the lack of auto spacing on sms messages I think it works well. I do sort of miss the ability to hit enter to send the message like I was able to do back on my BB, but I guess I'll just need to get used to it...

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

There are a lot of beta apps in the market though, and Swype used to be in the market. I wonder if they had a falling out with Google over something, or, who knows, maybe they are doing something else...

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Swype is not offered as an app because the vendor does not have the staff to do techsupport. As its a beta, you're pretty much on your own except for the beta forum. That has been communicated a number of times by the Swype team.

Last edited:

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Swype is not offered as an app, and never has been, because the vendor does not have the staff to do techsupport. As its a beta, you're pretty much on your own except for the beta forum. That has been communicated a number of times by the Swype team.

It used to be on the market. It was pulled about a year ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000